21' seaswirl

alumaman

I am looking at a21' seaswirl and was wondering if it could be set up with twins. The motors are 140 suzuki long 25" shaft

You will have issues with the way it sits in the water. MOre power does not mean faster. It can have the exact opposite result than you want. Go with a single 150, 175 or twim one hundreds. Contact Seaswirl themselves to see what they suggest. Another good guy is Keith at Sherwood. He seems to always have an answer for anything concerning those boats.

quote:Originally posted by highlights

Do yourself the favour and get the 23'
I agree to get the 23 if you can. But there is nothing wrong with the 21. Actually the 26 would be my choice since its not much bigger than the 23. But they do make a 29 and its really only a bit longer than the 26 and you could mount serious power on that one. And they have a 33 this year thats a tiny bit longer and twin 300's would be the ticket there. :D

The 21 is OK. Still on the small side though. For not much more $ the 23' is a big jump in size. From there the 26' is negligeable but then the 28' comes along and it is a beast. The 28' and the 33' is a whole other story on fuel and trailering however. You have to decide what will suit your needs.

Here is a pic of my 2600 Sport Cabin beside a 2901 Pilot House. There is a freakin' huge difference between these two boats. 2901 gets you almost 4' in length and 2.5' in width.
IMG_2126.JPG

TenMile
<'((((><

Yeah that was what I was saying before. The jump from the 26 to the 29 isn't really a fair jump. It's a massive differance. But then the 29 to the 33 isn't much more in comparison. The 29 is sweet. Though I would choose the hard top. Either way it is a comphy ride with tons of sleeping area. Bigger in person for sure. Pictures don't do any of these boats justice.

HL

There's a size for eveyone. My 21 lives on a trailer beside my house. I know if its o.k. and I'm not sweating that the Fraser is getting frozen or the winds are blowing and chafing my lines. I had a 30 footer and lived through it. Its perfect for the local fishing and easy to tow and launch. We still run over to Silva Bay for a night and sleep in the cuddy. I plan on towing it down to California one year behind the camper.:D

There's a size for eveyone. My 21 lives on a trailer beside my house. I know if its o.k. and I'm not sweating that the Fraser is getting frozen or the winds are blowing and chafing my lines. I had a 30 footer and lived through it. Its perfect for the local fishing and easy to tow and launch. We still run over to Silva Bay for a night and sleep in the cuddy. I plan on towing it down to California one year behind the camper.:D

quote:Originally posted by alumaman

I am looking at a21' seaswirl and was wondering if it could be set up with twins. The motors are 140 suzuki long 25" shaft
I have a 2009 2101 Sea Swirl Striper with a 225 Yamaha TRX bought brand new at Sherwood Marine. I fish Ucluelet from big water to calm days it handles. I haven't been blown off the water yet. It does 50mph empty and loaded to fish with 3 guys and 75 gallons or 3/4s of a tank of fuel 45mph. I wouldn't want more weight in the back. If I was looking for twins I would recomend a 23ft at the least 26ft ideal with a pod the same as most charters runing twins 24ft to 26ft Pursuit Tiara or reconditioned Sea Ray SRV's. Good luck with your decision

In my search for a new boat I'm seeing quite a few 2101 Stripers rigged with 150 4stks (minimum configuration). Since this boat is rated for a 225hp, I'm wondering how they perform with a 150. Need more hp?

Back