2018 Sidney Reports

Nice fish "Pope" you sure do well in and around Sidney. I'm hoping to find some of these spots you speak of this year. Powder warf I found, fairfax? And I'm sure you're not doing loops around coal isl. My office is in Sidney so I have no excuse. Is that a swivel on the sand Lance?

Nice fish "Pope" you sure do well in and around Sidney. I'm hoping to find some of these spots you speak of this year. Powder warf I found, fairfax? And I'm sure you're not doing loops around coal isl. My office is in Sidney so I have no excuse. Is that a swivel on the sand Lance?
Haha you must have me mistaken with someone else! ;)

If you pick up a Sidney Anglers tidebook, its got a great month-by-month breakdown written by Tom Davis of some of the more common tacks around Sidney. "Coal Island from Shag Rock to Dock Island and Charmer point", so if you can find those spots on a chart, that pretty much covers the tacks most people troll there. Theres a lot of good info and the booklet is free, so pick one up! Home Hardware will have them.

Yeah thats a swivel, I dont like tying right to the split ring!

Fished coal for swhile the enc of the ebb and lost one then headed to the channel and did a few laps along james anc thd wharf. Got a very feisty 5 lber we put back and saw some little ones released by others. Lots of bait and birds st coal and the usual down by james. Andrew P anchovy with glow tape- black glow flasher, and bloody nose teaser and purple haze got the other. Great to be out on flat water again.

Nice! That’s a healthy fish. Looking forward to getting out there one of these days. Thanks For the updates!

Did some laps around Coal yesterday around the afternoon slack. Two accidental lings (put safely back) and a feisty, but otherwise too small, salmon for us.

Bon Chovy Skinny G w/ Glow Green Hotspot was the "winning" combo. Lots of bait by the Charmers Point reef, but very few fish marked.

A good number of boats miming they didn't have any success either.

I got the thrill to fish with @advTHXance this morning in his unique fishing machine at Fairfax. Had fun fighting and losing a couple of 8-10 pounders and landed one just undersized. I don’t regret hogging the rods and it was a great day to be out on the water.
afterTHXwards. Ap’s were the best producers in lemon line and MVP

I got the thrill to fish with @advTHXance this morning in his unique fishing machine at Fairfax. Had fun fighting and losing a couple of 8-10 pounders and landed one just undersized. I don’t regret hogging the rods and it was a great day to be out on the water.
afterTHXwards. Ap’s were the best producers in lemon line and MVP
Don't spill all his secrets. He always hides the colours of the lures in his pictures ;)
Jealous - but glad you two were successful!

I’m just glad he gave me a like! Means there’s a chance we can do it again.
He’s definitely one of the best on giving report details. I bet he wouldn’t even care if I said I was between 137 and 144’

Don't spill all his secrets. He always hides the colours of the lures in his pictures ;)
Jealous - but glad you two were successful!
Haha, not intentional. I often fish alone and it would be impossible to stage a pic with the lure positioned in such a way every time!

Fished Coal again today from 8 till noon. Landed and released one small hatchery Spring on a lemon lime AP spoon. 60 cm so just a bit short of legal. 160 feet on the bottom. Beauty day and a fair bit of bait showing.

Nothing of note for me either. A couple in the 3-5lb range released with the gaff.

You guys are saving all of your good luck for halibut fishing this weekend! Have fun out there

Went out for the afternoon today. Fished fairfax for a while, nothing but undersize, moved to the powder warf for tide change and got one wild spring about 10Lbs

Back