2018 Sidney Anglers Salmon Enhancement Derby

cpony

Tickets went on sale March 1st this year and we've had rush on them. If you want to get in I suggest you purchase your tickets sooner rather than later. This year we have limited tickets sales to only 250 available. This will give our Platinum sponsors room to set up a table for themselves. Go to our website and see who they are. They have stepped up big time this year to support Salmon Enhancement.

This will be our 8th year and so far have raised over $140,000. All the money has gone back into various Salmon Enhancement projects around the Island. Unfortunately, there are many small projects that fall under the radar for grants and other projects that need matching funding from other sources before they can be go ahead, such as the Sooke Net Pen that we supported. So come out and support Salmon Enhancement and a chance at $10,000.

For more information and where to get tickets, check out our website http://www.sidneyanglers.ca/
and facebook page for updates.
https://www.facebook.com/sidneyanglers/

I spoke to the guys organizing this derby tonight, and it sounds like tickets are selling as fast as last year. This years derby has 250 total rod tickets available, which is down from the 300 offered last year, so chances are high that it sells out. So if you havent bought your tickets yet, dont leave it too late as they may be sold out!

We are selling a lot more tickets online this year so we will have to monitor store location ticket sales so we do not over sell the 250.
Just a reminder that this year's host Marina is North Saanich Marina and they will be offering reduced rate for fuel to Derby participants.

Store locations are:
Home Hardware Sidney,
Island Outfitters,
Trotac Marine,
Alpine Marine.

Ticket sales are starting to go now. At the current sales rate we will sell out before the Derby which is great news for organizing everything such as preparing packages, number of meals, and required volunteers to run the event just to name a few.

On a side not, have heard the number of fish returning to the Cowichan this year and last year are on an upswing. The Cowichan is one of the biggest benefactors of money from the Sidney Anglers Derby over the last seven years. It is our area's historical major River for fish plus they go up and down the entire West Coast of BC up to Alaska. The money goes into fish habitat restoration projects and most are volunteers doing the work in the River.

Along with the Cowichan we supported the Sooke net pen and other projects on the Island. You can go to out website and see what we have supported.
If you cannot fish but wish to support us email the Sidney Anglers Executive for more information.
executive@sidneyanglers.ca

It is us fisherman doing the boot work to restore the salmon not the NGOs, remember that next time you read something negative about recreation fishing.

Just a few days away and the weather looks nice . Still a few tickets left so please support Salmon Enhancement. We were told that our Derby is one of the biggest supporters of it's type on the Island of Salmon Enhancement projects.

We are putting together information to be used to show that the recreational fisherman are working on doing something to support our salmon. What are the NGOs doing?

FYI we will be doing on the water doughnut deliveries again.

Since the Derby I've been busy catching up on my work with little time to update. After reading some of the the posts here have some good news for everyone to hear. The great news about the Derby is we raised over $37,000 this year. That money will go directly to salmon enhancement projects.

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to our SPONSORS to make it happen. Here is the like to our great sponsors. Please support them.
https://www.sidneyanglers.ca/copy-of-2017-sponsors

Also, thank you to the Fishers and Sidney Angler volunteers that make it work.

It shows that the fishing community does care and is willing to support salmon enhancement. Stream rehabilitation and enhancement is what will help bring back the salmon.

Also a big thanks to the derby chairman for making this all possible. Thanks cpony! That incredible sum of money raised will all go directly towards local salmon enhancement and habitat restoration and it wouldnt be possible without cpony and his group of selfless volunteers that work tirelessly to make this derby run as smoothly as possible. I had a chance to sit in on a few meetings this year and can attest to how hard these guys work and how much they care about the cause! Great cause and even greater people!

Back