2018 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2018 fishing reports here!

2. Burban

Burban Active Member

Happy New Years Sunshine Coasters!

Looking forward to getting out soon. Boat is getting ready to go into the shop for a tune up and a once over. Haven't been out for winter springs yet at all as December was a busy month for me. This time last year was really good so I'm itching to be out there... water has been glass the last 4 days too and I've been feeling the pull to get on the water.

See you out there peeps!

3. Jessi Castellarin

Jessi Castellarin New Member

Hello

I will be posting my boat up in Mediera Park this year. We run a 166 Double Eagle. We are new to the area and any info would be great. Thanks for the help and tight lines.

4. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

Well today was a pretty epic day weather wise, as I’m sure it was everywhere around the south coast.
    It’s been a pretty good winter in our neck of the woods.
    Today it really felt like summer is just around the corner. Fished Trail islands for the first part of the day, lots of bait in all depths. I was running through the gear, hoochies on one side and naked spooons and plugs on the other with kone zone dummy flashers on the other. Lost a decent fish on a speckle back hoochie and released a undersize as well.
    Cruised up to Epsom for the remainder of the day. Lots of bait around as well. Got into a lot of action, Released 3 keepers and kept one. Speckle back hoochies and 602 4” tubby where the hot ones.

Ken J, chipstealer and jig55 like this.
  5. jig55

jig55 Member

Heading out in the morning. Going to drop traps and hit epsom. Fingers crossed.

TheHurtLocker likes this.
  6. Filletandrelease

Filletandrelease Active Member

We kept one at quarry yesterday and lost a couple. Very nice day on the water. On our way out this morning again.

TheHurtLocker likes this.
  7. TheHurtLocker

Back out at Epsom this afternoon, Fishing the far contours running north south. Lots of bait in all depths again. Picked up a beauty on the speckle back hoochie again. Good size teener. Pretty pumped on a good size fish this early.
    6AE95795-6E84-40D5-BFF7-450071CFB3F2.jpeg

8. Filletandrelease

Filletandrelease Active Member

We were at Epsom also. Kept a nice 10. Several hits but only the one keeper. We had lots of luck with anchovies.

TheHurtLocker, Brando and Stizzla like this.
  9. TheHurtLocker

Got out yesterday at the tail end of tide at 530. Hammered fish for about a half hr, kept 2 good size and released another. All on the green and glow hoochies. Epsom, in 140 to 160 ft of water, dragging bottom.

Burban, easydoesit, Ken J and 3 others like this.
  10. Marty-party

Marty-party Member

Fished Epsom today for the lunchtime slack tide, 5 fish to the boat all barely undersize. Green grow hoochie 180’.