2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Few nice sized fish hanging around Flo but not consistant enough for our crew to go there Big Bank is the place to be right now for consistency. Yesterdays catch July 15th

IMG_3065.JPG

Teens and 20's but lots of action. If you hung around the rocks all day for a couple fish there would be a few hanging around. Most guests want action and numbers so that what we focus on. If someone wants to target tyee's then we would work the rocks but patience would be required. Ton's of bait in the area and come mid to late August there will be tyee's caught no doubt. I'm sure there is the odd tyee caught out of all the boats in the water. But it's not a Tyee caught every other day right now but runs change the next school of fish could be :)

Are you more south on the west coast of island wondering what's working it's way down the coast?

Last edited:
I fish Renfrew hang on the beach (moocher) and we are seeing good numbers of tyees got our first 40 on Friday :)
lol he owns the beach,leaves no room for us sportsdragger and he has a nasty attitude if you get to close to him lmfao:D:cool::D:cool:

Hey everyone. I am begging and pleading for some info. I have some friends arriving Tuesday night coming from alberta and I want to take them out fishing Wednesday. I want to head to big bank and really want to have them bring in some hali and a couple nice salmon. Where can I get hali there and what is a good depth for trolling salmon. I know people normally don't share this info but if I'm successful, a case of beer or bottle of rum or whiskey will be delivered to you. Please PM me if you don't want to post it..thank you thank you thank you in advance

Hey everyone. I am begging and pleading for some info. I have some friends arriving Tuesday night coming from alberta and I want to take them out fishing Wednesday. I want to head to big bank and really want to have them bring in some hali and a couple nice salmon. Where can I get hali there and what is a good depth for trolling salmon. I know people normally don't share this info but if I'm successful, a case of beer or bottle of rum or whiskey will be delivered to you. Please PM me if you don't want to post it..thank you thank you thank you in advance
I'll send you a spot out there that i have been getting quick limits when i get down to my boat in the morning.

I'll send you a spot out there that i have been getting quick limits when i get down to my boat in the morning.
OMG, thank you so much. really appreciate it. whats your drink of choice and where are you located

lol he owns the beach,leaves no room for us sportsdragger and he has a nasty attitude if you get to close to him lmfao:D:cool::D:cool:
Brutus I am hurt , who helped you out back in the day :( but if you come too close to me the 8 oz balls will be a coming your way:D

If you can get out to the Rats nose you will see all the boats around there. Troll really slow and put your canon ball to the bottom then up a foot or two once you hit bottom. I troll with a flasher and a brown turd, easily pick up Halibuts and the odd salmon. Second rod is out 100 - 140 feet and last few times out we did well on salmon with chovies. Will be out there again this wknd hope it's still on fire out there. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 141
  • 19756504_10158791824260417_4517561791057472457_n.jpg
    19756504_10158791824260417_4517561791057472457_n.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 137
If you can get out to the Rats nose you will see all the boats around there. Troll really slow and put your canon ball to the bottom then up a foot or two once you hit bottom. I troll with a flasher and a brown turd, easily pick up Halibuts and the odd salmon. Second rod is out 100 - 140 feet and last few times out we did well on salmon with chovies. Will be out there again this wknd hope it's still on fire out there. Good luck!

I'll be fishing Th-Sun. Hoping not to have to go out to BB, but will if they aren't closer in. Swell looks to still be small but wind may be up from the past while. Where is that dock, CB?

Back