Bumpy bumpy ride today. Only managed a good size pink and a 14lb spring. Fished Ardridge up to Possession and back to the bay. caught the pink at the Head on the way up and the spring at Ardridge on the back. Never saw a fish caught, and got the the weigh in at 4:30 and couldn't believe how many fish were being weighed in. A 25 lb was winning when we left

A bit lumpy but much better than I expected. Hit 9 springs today only landed 3 of them..all teenagers...a couple of the lost ones were bigger fish. We were 1 for 6 up until about 1pm then a good bite came on ahead of a few whales blowing through close to shore. Left at 3:30 to hit the scale...about the exact time the whales arrived anyway. Hopefully a better weather day for everyone tomorrow. 30.35 is leading the JDF and caught by Shaun davies who was fishing with Whole In the Water!! He may get some cash to help offset the cost of his recent and extensive Honda Outboard repairs!!

Fished the jdf Saturday... landed a 12# and 18#, as well as a chunky wild coho that was released and a handful of pink releases. Back out Sunday and lost a hog early and boated a 16# shortly after as well as some pinks. All in all decent fishing but bite times were short... wind was nasty. Congrats to all the winners!

Heading to sooke tomorrow for first time. Looks like there's gonna be some serious wind in the afternoons. Are there any protected places to fish when it's blowing up.

Not really best is to get out for first light and go as long as you can, What marina you at?
we have some great morning floods starting im am this week should be good. best advice i can give you look and follow the patterns the guys do right rod to shore ove down on the outside then sweep back in to go into the flood, if you see me yell over and say HI

Good luck Wolf

Tough day yesterday for us, crowded out off Possession so pounded out towards Sheringham, shouldn't have, wasted time is all, little rough out there for my boat. Some small Pinks all sent back is all.
Today was better, we picked up 3 Springs and a couple big humpies again. Kept off to the side of the fleet and did our own thing and did well. Got pushed onto the rocks once so no use to fight with people just moved off and fished some other structure. Nothing to big today a 22, 12 and a smaller 9.

Attachments

• IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 108
Thanks wolf. Staying at sunny shores. Will pick up tack and follow etiquette. Riding Small Grady 208. Hope I see you as I'll know I'm in right area.

Not really best is to get out for first light and go as long as you can, What marina you at?
we have some great morning floods starting im am this week should be good. best advice i can give you look and follow the patterns the guys do right rod to shore ove down on the outside then sweep back in to go into the flood, if you see me yell over and say HI

Good luck Wolf

This is going to sound stupid.
Can you draw a picture of what you mean....
because I dont think anyone does this.

Sometimes I think I'm doing it wrong !

Well done walleye.

Thx guys.

Little tougher but not a bad day today. 2 Springs to the boat an 8 & 15. Dropped 2 nice ones behind the boat and 2 more after a run or two, really hard to take. They seemed to be biting very light today. Yesterday they had the hooks buried to the gills not today. Both at 45' on um I don't know what to call it lol, it's a white glow teaser head with a kind of a purple neon swanky looking flasher, really I don't know what it's called. Nice and quite where we were, only boat there for the first hr then maybe 6 in total at the busiest it was a really nice place to be. Might try right out front in the morning.

Took the girls out for some pink action this morning off the Head in 550ft. From 7:30-10am there was lots of action and nobody around. We kept 4 decent ones and had 12 more on that shook off. Lots of fun for the kids right now. Most fish were 20-40ft.

Well I guess that rules out Otter, Possession, or the Trap as your location!!:)

Yah you bet we were at the light today, so nice and peaceful compared to the weekend it was so enjoyable out there, calm water, no jockeying for position, everyone out there was accommodating and courteous to each other very nice. Would have been great to stick those 4 we lost but hey, it's all good. We certainly can't complain about the the fishing. We only fish until 11:30 maybe noon at the latest so we are happy with what we have been getting.

Oh yah,, met morganic at the docks today hopefully we got him headed in the right direction to get a start at it anyways. Good luck morganic.

Got up here early afternoon and after getting settled and launching the boat meet walleyes on the dock. He gave me some direction on my Sounder and a few tips and we headed out. Fished possession to secretary got the general idea of the tack and jumped in. Managed to get into a few fish. Boated 1 14 lb. Spring and a decent sized pink. Lost a few pinks behind boat and a couple long line at releases. Had one monster hit and as I was starting to play it snapped off. Reeled in to find the flasher had broken at the ring below the welded one. Never had that happen. Back out first thing tomorrow
Thanks for the info and nice meeting you Terry

Well right rod to shore implied what it means , ESPECIALLY with these very strong floods coming up doesnt matter where you fish in sooke the current will try and push you into the rocks so when your bow is facing into the current (mostly west) your going to move maybe at 0,4 to 1 kt as it kinda holds you there moving very slow. so with right rod to shore and the shoreline to your starboard side it will take you a good 3o to 45 mins to cover the tact, so move out to deeper water way out from the guys doing the inside tact then slide back in and do it all over again that will take about 5 mins as now the flood will take you down up to 5 kts , basically in a counter clockwise rotation. IF you try and do it other way its like going the wrong direction on a highway guys are scrambling and getting pissed .. TRUST me when I say you will hit fish in deeper water . for the little amount of time it takes moving over 100 ft isnt going to effect your fishing .
Fish yesterday I got were in the 125 to 150 mark 50 ft down on rigger they were in that zone...

good luck Wolf

Back