2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

North arm in the evening went off just before the sun went down lost 2 other decent ones and landed one , water was pretty sweet
    hoochie was the go to 60-80'
    IMG_6989.JPG IMG_6990.JPG

2. adanac

adanac Active Member

Really hoping this season holds up, seeing flashes of how hot it was back in 2015. Heading out on my pals 26' wolf today will report back.

Rain City and fishin solo like this.
  3. scotty

scotty Member

Out at the north arm and can't keep the shakers off! Where's your daddy!!!

4. tincan

tincan Well-Known Member

What a great derby weekend as others have mentioned! A roller coaster of weather, fishing, good times and f ups! :)

Sounds like lots of derby entrants had a 'winner' on their line but couldn't quite get it in. I was very surprised to see that a 22lb fish help up to be the winner but good on them. Our derby days consisted of a few very hot bites surrounded by slow fishing with lots of dogfish/pinks. When the bite was on it was crazy good tho. Nice to see the majority of boaters in the pack at sandheads tried to keep there head on a swivel and steer clear of other boats.... tho not everyone fell into that category. There were a few guys out there that didn't seem to care about the other 100 boats around them and would just plow through on their tack while others scramble to get out of their way. The only other lame thing I saw was when boats pulled lines and headed home they didn't have the courtesy of slowing moving out of the pack so that they are either offshore or way inshore and not skirting by the boats that are fishing. I saw a 31' Whaler take off and nearly swamp a smaller 16' tinny with his giant wake. Note to Whaler: Your wake is at its LARGEST when you are moving at 10knots so you aren't helping by doing that!!!!

anyways, great to see some nice waves of fish moving into the Fraser and perhaps even a few of them got past the gauntlet that was set up at sandheads this past weekend. I talked to Tonelli at the derby and he said next year they may up it to 55 boats (from 50) but as others have mentioned it will be sold out again so make sure you get in early if you want to partake. The venue was really cool this year with the outdoor covered area at Pier 73 and overall I think this derby gets better and better each year. Big thanks to all of the organizers, sponsors and volunteers (especially those weigh boats!) who put it on. Will be back again next year.

BCTony and northvancb like this.
  5. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Epic day again out here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

beauty fish being caught im super jealous sitting here in the okanagan lol does anyone know who won the boat from the derby!?!?!

7. adanac

adanac Active Member

Going off here at the bell , 15 - 22 lbs. shallow herring

Limitles, Reeltime, el.Pereh and 2 others like this.
  8. Teja

Teja Active Member

I am sitting in my air conditioned office looking out the window at the sunshine and reading reports about the fishing going off five minutes from the dock. I feel like I am in jail.

p.s. very, very jealous of anyone fortunate enough to be out there the last couple days.

9. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Active Member

TL22.JPG IMG_3505.JPG Yup another great afternoon at the south arm. 40-70' hootchies and anchovies. Landed numerous pinks, a Sockeye and these Springs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
    Reeltime likes this.
  10. Gramps

Gramps Member

First time on water since may and it was great. North arm from 12:30 to 6:30, 2 springs 16 and 21. Lost 4 or 5 screamers and Released 8 unders. IMG_2414.JPG

Attached Files:

11. Reeltime

North arm again 74 -84' purple haze hoochie bites started around 3pm ,thats awesome nice to see lots of fish being hit .. some big fish out there.

Rain City and high tide like this.
  12. Rain City

Rain City Active Member

Man with all of these afternoon bites going on I'm questioning why I'm waking up at 4:30 AM tomorrow morning lol. :rolleyes:

Reeltime likes this.
  13. getbent

getbent Well-Known Member

Yes there are some tanks for sure.
    Good times.

Reeltime likes this.
  14. Reeltime

I prefer mornings but if afternoons are good and ya don't have to get up early :) ... and make bacon at home .

high tide likes this.
  15. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Haven't been going out till 1100 every day and no issue with limits.

16. Depending on weather I might see u out there although much later.Good luck with the early start.And here I thought I was the craziest fisherman in Eastvan;)

Rain City likes this.
  17. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

Thems fightin' words!!! lol.

I'll be out there Thursday thru Sunday hopefully.

18. Rain City

Rain City Active Member

Pretty quiet at the Bell so far. 3 hours and nothing yet.

Touch breezy but nothing a real fisherman can't handle.

19. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

Will be out around 3 or so. Windy.com says winds are to lay down mid afternoon.

Alex_c and Rain City like this.
  20. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

At sandheads. 1 spring. 1 pink. 1 coho. Jacks. Shakers. Slow start. Bites few in between. Lost 2 poppers.
    Hoping heats up soon. Conditions good. SE winds. Couple ft. Chop.

Alex_c, Rain City and tincan like this.