2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

The area I am referring to is far....like not local far....like burn some serious fuel far....the area has been mentioned before in winter....some days hot some not though. This area was very popular in the 1980’s winter fishery...

The area I am referring to is far....like not local far....like burn some serious fuel far....the area has been mentioned before in winter....some days hot some not though. This area was very popular in the 1980’s winter fishery...
does it have pass in the name?

does it have pass in the name?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

There's a reason us Mainlander folk don't go there too often.

But if you have the boat for it and the water is flat and are so inclined... and it was only for the last 2 years it was "rediscovered" of sorts in winter.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

There's a reason us Mainlander folk don't go there too often.

But if you have the boat for it and the water is flat and are so inclined... and it was only for the last 2 years it was "rediscovered" of sorts in winter.
Active?
Porlier?
You're killing me.

7B2C80F5-FD48-46AA-9114-330FEE7F65D7.jpeg EFB466DE-7971-42CF-AC93-E6FF295D7438.jpeg Guys you need some fish ****. I’m flying away tomorrow morning so I thought I should share some pics. I retired this year and now get to pick my times now.

In the past two weeks I’ve landed a dozen keepers off my boat including these four a few days ago. Been bumpy and wet on many days however they are out there. Today we toughed it out and landed one.

I fish all the regular winter spots from Sandheads around to the harbour and over to Bowen etc. Generally fish the bottom with smaller presentations. See the stomach contents 60702679-5216-4A2C-B22B-F7E969AC239E.jpeg in last pic. So stop waiting for others to post and just get out there.

Last edited:
Make sure you send in the heads from all the hatch ones. Will be interesting to see where they came from!

Anybody get out there today? Any reports or bait around? Going to give it a try tomorrow.... Vancouver harbour or Tunstall???? Maybe both.
Careful when asking for advice or info on this thread. There are some old timers that like to tell you how to fish by not telling you a thing lol.
"How dare you ask where the fishing was on today?! You're fishing tomorrow dummy!!!"
If I had the time tomorrow I'd be doing a few laps at Tunstall dragging bottom then looping around trolling the South side towards home. Brew some coffee, turn the music up and just enjoy the ride :cool:

Last edited:
... If I had the time tomorrow I'd be doing a few laps at Tunstall dragging bottom then looping around trolling the South side towards home. Brew some coffee, turn the music up and just enjoy the ride :cool:
Yes re: Tunstall, coffee, music turned up and enjoying the ride ... did all of the above this morning. Kept one and released two smaller legal fish and also managed to miss three fish that popped off the downrigger while I was typing emails ... memo to self ... don’t work on the boat.

Hey all!

Had a rough start yesterday... trailer tire blew on the highway, but luckily got it all fixed up in an hour and a half and still made it out!

Spent ~3-4 hours in the sound, got almost 9 bites, landed 7, with 3 double headers and even had 2 in the net at one point!! First for me! In the end, only had one keeper

**I was hoping I could ask for some help: I dropped 6 prawn traps (3 sets of 2 traps each) on Saturday on south side of bowen between cowan and roger.. went back to get them yesterday and only found one set (2 traps)..... the others were no where to be found. Hoping its just the strong tides moved them a bit maybe, and not stolen!! If anybody sees them, please let me know or feel free to haul them up and reap the rewards! One pair is on a green/white ball buoy, plus a yellow buoy, and the other has double yellow buoys on the end. Name on the buoys is Seth Tigchelaar, ph: 604-375-4553. $50 reward if found!

Did you weigh down your traps? how much line did you have out?

Did you weigh down your traps? how much line did you have out?

Yeah I had 5lb kettlebells zapstrapped on, plus the traps I have are pretty massive. I have around 400ft of line, and dropped them in ~300ft (would have liked more line of course, but it's what I had..) ! I confirmed the location of them at the end of the day Saturday on my way home, but came back Sunday ~3pm and they were not there.

I wouldnt be surprised if something got caught up with the line and dragged it into deeper water. If lost a few sets also no fun. hope you get them back.

Back