2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Jan 1, 2017.

1. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

thats a hog gotta be 38+

2. Teja

Teja Active Member

Now that’s a fish!

Still a few fish kicking around the harbour ... have kept a 15 and a 13 this morning but haven’t been able to get a coho to bite in spite of seeing a few jumping.

Jeffzee likes this.
  3. Viking

Viking New Member

looks like sandheads? nice one!

4. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

where and for what? lol

5. Viking

Viking New Member

1 for 4 fishing solo at the cap yesterday. Wind picked up at 12. Those white springs really know how to shake those hooks!

Rain City likes this.
  6. fishizzle

fishizzle Member

Vedder for coho... stave for dogs

7. 63stingray

63stingray Active Member

I've fished the Fraser with spinners last couple days got into half dozen each day ,catching more wilds then hatcherys but getting my two.

fishin solo likes this.
  8. Canso

Canso Well-Known Member

Coho, chum and Sturgeon till your arms fall off.. talking 50+fish days.

fishin solo likes this.
  9. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

is this the lower Fraser, from shore or boat?

10. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

got my boat at Bridgeview and debating to take it out tomorrow to try and get into some fish or clean up the garage instead lol

11. BCRingo

BCRingo Active Member

Chums are showing in numbers if you enjoy playing them.

12. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

where's best? I never fished this late in the year out here

Hookin'up likes this.
  13. BCRingo

BCRingo Active Member

start in the tidal portion. Mouth of tribs are most productive for Chum but you catch most coho on the incoming tide no matter where you are. Bar fish from the boat with roe or if you don't have the patience/gear just use a large spinner/spoon on a spinning setup. You'll be rewarded. Just a reminder that you're only allowed 1 rod/person in the lower Fraser. Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 10:21 PM
    Rain City likes this.
  14. chinnok

chinnok Member

Most bars on the lower fraser fish better on the out going tide.

15. 63stingray

63stingray Active Member

Sorry bud been working both I do if I have time I take the boat , last night I was in and out in a hour got 5 with two being hatchery !

16. max-p

max-p Member

Thinking of heading out to sand heads tomorrow or Sunday, but not sure if it is a good idea or a waste of time. Does anyone have fished sand heads in past few days? Any report? Thanks.

17. Rain City

Rain City Active Member

Woah woah woah wait a sec. You can take a boat up the Fraser from the harbor and fish? How have I never heard of this?! Where? How far up? Do you anchor? What kinda gear? The wifes gunna kill me.

18. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

Yesterday I pickup up “chum roe” at Barry’s and anchored the boat close to the annacis channel and bar fished. Messy with that stuff and kinda hard to keep on the hook. (I still got it’s smell on my hands!). Managed one small fish that I dropped back. Saw 2 other boats just under the Alex Fraser. Think there are better areas than where I was. Lol

Rain City and BCRingo like this.
  19. fishin_magician

fishin_magician Well-Known Member

Odd Coho and Chum. Short bite windows. The Cohos reel in like they are dead.

max-p likes this.
  20. STig

STig New Member

Not done for the season yet! Some coloured fish still hanging around cap mouth. 4 springs today, lost one, 3 last week and a wild ho

Attached Files: