2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

View attachment 35477 Just managed one on the ebb today right by T14. There was a bit of action with Jack's on the flood around 5:30 but I wasn't able to stay out any longer. It seemed like the bite was about to come on.
It wasn't bad for the weekend crowd, only two people tried to t-bone my port side
that's a beautiful looking Chinook! Was it a red or a white?

Yesterdays report ,i moved around to few different spots figuring how slow it is , started at Point Atkinson hit a small spring and released it , trolled further
past fisheries hit another spring pretty coloured up released , finally made it down pink apt hit a nice fish and it was a keeper all of a sudden it felt like lol a halibut
wtf , first time i've experienced being sealed had a beautiful chromer in his mug , the hook came out of the fishes mouth and snagged his fin , fight was on
my fav flasher , got it all on video he came close to the boat.

Fish or two around at the cap this morning. Classic capliano comedy though, one small whaler montayk with 6 - 7 guys jigging halibut rods off the marker. Another small trophy running two rods of he downrigger, and two about 80 feet back off a jerry rigged outrigger, why do I fish the cap.......

Fish or two around at the cap this morning. Classic capliano comedy though, one small whaler montayk with 6 - 7 guys jigging halibut rods off the marker. Another small trophy running two rods of he downrigger, and two about 80 feet back off a jerry rigged outrigger, why do I fish the cap.......

Pictures? :p

classic indeed. those guys seemed to be having a good time.... stationed right off the marker for the 3 hours we were there!!! Saw them get riggered at least once... the kayaker at least stayed in the shallows more than some others.... and yes, that home-made outrigger added to the excitement as well :) It wasn't even that busy but was still a mess.

We dragged bottom with chovies and managed a few bites but very spotty out there. Weather was 100% ... other than the fog bank that rolled in just as 2 freighters crossed paths under the lions gate... another exciting part of the morning.

Think that Montauk must have been the boat I saw coming from Vanier that I could see rods but no riggers.

Last edited:
Gong show at the cap. I was one of the ones that ended up snagging the 15' "refugee boat" Whaler with 10 people on board that was out there jigging next to the marker (can they really catch salmon like that?). Also saw that outrigger boat almost take out a rod on an Arima. First time in a while I was completely skunked too. That fog made for an interesting ride home. Did I say how much I LOVE the mouth of the cap at this time of year? :mad:

(can they really catch salmon like that?)

Yes. I agree that they shouldn't do that at the marker but I've definitley caught a ton of fish that way. For years I fished in my 18' Maxum with a wakeboard tower and obnoxious speakers. But we always fished away from the pack. Green 4oz Zingers, all day. But now I'm a big boy with my fancy smancy downriggers and a head.

Just seen a guy in.coquitlam heading to to cap mouth at 4pm...so does this seem like a bad idea? Where could they launch and get more than an hour fishing in b4 pitch dark? 16 foot car topper

Lions gate marina is 2 mins from the cap mouth,

Back