2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Slow as well for us. One pink released and one hit that didn’t stick. 8 am - 1 pm at the South Arm. Saw a few fish netted, but pretty random and scattered.

Fished the cap in the morning yesterday and couldn't trick one to bite. Took a break for the afternoon and fished the high slack picking up a 16 lbs red off bottom with a big herring in a green glo head. Fished this morning with same set up and various chovies in glo heads. Switched to small herring like 4 inch and picked up a mid teener. Fished until about 1030 and called it quits

Interesting re the bait size and various teaser heads. The much better half and I picked up two at the Cap early this a.m. before we ran out of anchovies ... 2 springs (the bonus was that one was a chrome marble), 4 dogs and a crossing/tangling of the 2 lines on the first pass of the morning, burned thru the 8 anchovies we took out today. Fished a number of different teaser heads this weekend but the 4 springs caught (2 yesterday also) were all on chrome army truck heads ... for a change, we didn’t hit a single salmon on glow heads but hit 3 dogs on them which will have been coincidental. Caught all fish this weekend on 6 inch anchovies and hit 2 0f the 4 fish on the inside line on a turn with the ball bouncing in the mud and the other 2 moments within resetting the ball within a foot of bottom.

Again fished T 10 to Sandheads 7 hours yesterday no Springs. A few pin poppers but nothing would stick. A definite drop in numbers compared to 2 weeks back. Nice day though.

Got to the Cap at first light Saturday morn and had one hit around 7:30 that didn't stick. Dropped down to the mud and had another one that spit the hook as the flasher came out of the water. Around 9am it turned on and landed a feisty 17 lbr white. All hits were on Bon Chovy flasher with chrome teaser head. Thought there'd be more action but amazing weather and flat calm water.

Is there any places this time of year that produce other than Sandheads and the cap. I see other people saying they tried bell, north arm, T10 but this time of year I have never had much luck at these locations. What are other people's experiences?

Fished Saturday: North arm, T10 and sandheads and got a couple bites that didnt stick. Couldnt get out until late morning due to needing a part from Galleon.

Didn't see any nets out and the consensus was that it was slow everywhere.

Water was glass calm so it was a great day on the water regardless. On the way back in we saw a massive bait ball on the surface near a huge pile of floating detritus on the tide line. Could see thousands of baitfish right under the boat as we drove by. Might have been a good idea to set some gear down but we didn't want to be pushing sunset chasing the hail mary fish.

Any updates, taking a bunch of buddies out fishing for a stag Friday and torn if I go out to the chuck to try for salmon which is sounding like its tapering off or try a lake. Any suggestions on good source of entertaining fishing this time of year, will take anything/ Chum/Pink etc.

Any updates, taking a bunch of buddies out fishing for a stag Friday and torn if I go out to the chuck to try for salmon which is sounding like its tapering off or try a lake. Any suggestions on good source of entertaining fishing this time of year, will take anything/ Chum/Pink etc.

If going Friday I would try the Cap, won't be as much of a gong show as a weekend day. Unfortunately you don't have a high slack til about 3 but it will be flooding thru the day.

So would you rather fish early morning low tide switch or wait till high tide flood in the afternoon? I had a good couple of days with these nice early morningish high tides but a customer want to get out on Thursday and I was going to go for the low tide early morning.

So would you rather fish early morning low tide switch or wait till high tide flood in the afternoon? I had a good couple of days with these nice early morningish high tides but a customer want to get out on Thursday and I was going to go for the low tide early morning.

Low slack is around 7:30, I'd be there early and fish right thru the flood during the day.

4 trips, 2-4 hours each morning.
1 spring at south arm first trip last week.
1 clipped coho on Friday N. Arm in all the birds.
1 clipped coho S.arm closer to T10 when pulling up Saturday.
nooooooooothing this morning at N. Arm. No birds, but a LOT of fur balls in river and around N.Arm.

Fished the Cap. mouth for 4 hours this morning on the flood. It was very slow. Lots of boats ... who don't seem to understand how the race track works. Worst offenders - large charter boats being absolute douches. I don't mean the Grady's.

Anyway, saw 1 teen springs landed, 1 coho landed. We hooked a hog on hardware at 30' in 80' of water. Peeled 3 runs and ran to the boat spitting the single barbless.

Certainly wasn't as hot as some reports (not here) may suggest.

Good luck

Back