2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Kept three nice big hatch Coho at Cap tonight. Lost a nice Spring in a tangle at the boat. Everything shallow and on a white hootchie and chovies. Kept well west of the marker and was fishing 90'-120' of water.

Fished all day. Nothing at bell, mile markers or north arm for us. Then fished cap first part of afternoon flood. Two 5lb hatchery coho and one 14lb rusty grey hooked nose whitey that did not seem to realize it was hooked until it got next by the boat. Kind of it to not to go for an early run in the crowd. Oddly the coho were caught on the bottom.

You know its crowded when you can smell the Trudeau Cigarettes from your fellow anglers and have to explain to your kids what that smell is.

On another note the harbour authority boat did a great sheep dog impersonation. If we keep pissing them off they will close that fishery and it will become solely a FN snag fest. Stay west of the green can! Was surprised to see lots of charter boats east of the green can throughout the afternoon. Weekend warriors can claim ignorance, but......

Out for a few hours today at the cap....damn it was busy. Nothing to show and no nets that I saw. Grabbed a few spot prawns from traps left out overnight (yes I dared the the prawn thieves). No crab today either....

I hate going out with the weekend warriors....can't wait for the cooler weather to swing in so we can have some calmness again.

IMG_20170923_134135.jpg Just managed one on the ebb today right by T14. There was a bit of action with Jack's on the flood around 5:30 but I wasn't able to stay out any longer. It seemed like the bite was about to come on.
It wasn't bad for the weekend crowd, only two people tried to t-bone my port side

Fished the sandheads today 8-3. Action was okay from 8 till about 9 30 ish then dead all day. Landed 2 borderline legal and released them, few hits that didn't stick and lost about a 15 lber right at the boat. Anchovies 45 and 60 ft.

Aheny, who do you guide for or what is your company name?

I dont think we're supposed to discuss stuff like that on here, and to be honest I'd just prefer posting and reading reports.
The less fuel we all waste hunting for fish the better

I'm not 100% sure however isn't most of Sandheads closed for Hatchery Coho at the moment?

No, the part that we refer to as sandheads(North and West of the light station) is open, it's the other areas South and East which are closed.

Fished Sandheads 1-5. Got 2 nice hatchery coho - lost a few more! Beautiful day. My ten year old had a blast! White hootchie at 60 ft had most of the hits but got one on a purple at 70.

I'm not 100% sure however isn't most of Sandheads closed for Hatchery Coho at the moment?

Back