2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Hab#9

Hab#9 New Member

Would that be at the humps? i'm thinking of going out in the morning and also wondering about the slime and algae.

2. Seafever

Seafever Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Hab#9, post: 829940, member: 10405" wondering about the slime and algae.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering too. Anybody got a report?

3. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

was the between 600-1000 ft yesterday..and yes the sludge is still hanging around.. .Better sizing today as SeaRun is on them on the Humps this morning :)

4. Ryan A

Ryan A Active Member

IMG_1260.JPG Was out this morning for high slack out front , sludge has died way off finally. Released a couple undersize and then I picked up this 28lb fella

Bruce Lee, Redfisher, Lee and 10 others like this.
  5. Newfieslayer1978

Newfieslayer1978 New Member

Wow eh I have been hearing a few getting caught there.. Just trolling on bottom with salmon gear or how ya get him

6. Ryan A

Ryan A Active Member

Just a green glow hoochie dragging in the mud, got lucky for sure

7. Newfieslayer1978

Newfieslayer1978 New Member

That's what I'm starting to wonder if it is luck .. As alot of people don't actually target Hali here but I was thinking the other day about trolling the mud as that's how I fish them out on the big banks and so well with getting them... Next time I'm out I may have to give it a try... Thanks for the reply aswell

8. Klob

Klob Well-Known Member

Nice work! How long before you knew it was a hali?

9. One Fish

One Fish Member

Ryan!!! You still tick me off lol.. It was a very nice fish...

10. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

The fishing madmen, Big Red Snapper and Bushy, last night out off Ballenas. I was out for a few hours and didn't get anything. I think they got at least one and released another. The green snot on the lines is dying down but it is still a pain in the ass. Sangster, Lasqueti and Texada in the background.

Big red snapper.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  11. silversands

silversands New Member

I have seen that Hourston out at Sangster before...that boat is fast!

12. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

Attached Files:

13. Mr. Incredible

Yep. BRS got Bushy in the fish right away as usual. The Net Boy managed to reel one in and bonked it.

14. Mr. Incredible

That boat is Crazy fast. Good on fuel as well... unless you go to Lasqueti Pub then it burns an extra $60.00. It's a fishy boat. What's her name ?

15. Mr. Incredible

Got it on the Turd.

16. Mr. Incredible

I think it's a 250 Yammy in a Merc 125 body.

silversands likes this.
  17. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

I haven't named her yet but have a few names in mind...........BRS

18. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

Snuck out for a quick evening fish for 2 hrs.. 3 fish released 1..140 ft - Jensen needle fish spoon...and skinny G spoon off winchle humps.... biggest fish 14lbs... 20170517_193827.jpg

MRWood, Fishtofino and SFBC like this.
  19. Seafever

Seafever Well-Known Member

Where are the " Winchle Humps"?

That a red MonkeyPuke flasher you were using? (Looks like a flasher down at the bottom of pic).

20. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

Purple blade glow back kentic front tape .. the humps off the grey rock and in the slot out front..seemed to be some bait around

Seafever likes this.