2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks, I don't know why it does that................BRS

2. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Your welcome BRS .. a link on how to rotate pictures on pc if anybody needs -

Mr. Incredible likes this.
  3. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

I think it's my IPad that does it..........BRS

4. lordofthesprings

lordofthesprings Active Member

got a few on sunday and one had a small p-cod in its gut interesting !

5. adrian1991

adrian1991 Active Member

Oppening day of lings got 1 each and a Kabbasan if thats how you spell it tried fishing around ballenas but just to much snot in thewater
    IMAG2226.jpg IMAG2220.jpg

Randy waugh likes this.
  6. Jwolfe

Jwolfe Member

Busted red-handed Stealing prawn traps near schooner cove image.png image.png

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  7. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Good job ! ... close up pic and rope in hand that's a good bust ,i'd like to hear the whole story on this one ..

Chasin' Dreams likes this.
  8. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Active Member

That's a pretty fancy boat to be out steeling traps in... I to would love to know the full story and how it was resolved...

9. Mark L

Mark L Member

I remember hearing a story of one of my dad's friends getting caught red handed way back in the day and the guy who caught swung and stuck gaff hook in his arm......guess we can't get away with that kinda stuff nowadays:cool:..... although it might teach the lesson that would stick.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Mr. Incredible, Jwolfe and MRWood like this.
  10. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who these POS are.

11. Probably, would have to sacrifice a cannon ball or 2 thru the windows of this fancy boat.
    POS is right!

bigdogg1 and Jwolfe like this.
  12. bigdogg1

bigdogg1 Member

This really bothers me. Tried to do a title search of the reg number. Have the police been contacted?

13. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

MI.JPG
    Out with Boosh and Bushy today, as always Boosh got us on the fish in no time. 10 pounder away from everyone else on the Humps. Bloody Nose Hoochie with a Purple Onion Flasher.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
    adrian1991 likes this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Active Member

Was out last night doing a little prawning before the commercial guys start on Thursday. Lots of algae in the water off Schooner. When you looked over the side it looked like a big cloud starting at 10' under the water. Mainly right up on the surface as it didn't extend very deep down.

Mr. Incredible likes this.
  15. Ryan A

Ryan A Active Member

Was out yesterday for low slack at the humps and managed one 10lber on a green glow hoochie @120' in 220'. Was out till about 5 as the fog rolled over us. That was it for action though, no hits and not even any undersize.

16. PapaWisky

PapaWisky Member

I'd gaff those PRI@#$KS.

17. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

Snuck out for a real quick fish out off Winchelse for a couple hrs first light...got one for the Bar Q..left before tide change heard it pick up after that.... :)

18. baddogg

baddogg Active Member

Jwolfe, why don't you share the rest of the prawn stealing story with us?

19. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

IMG_2993.JPG Bonked this guy out near Balenas with Bushy yesterday. Lots of Slime on the Lines.

bigdogg1 likes this.
  20. lordofthesprings

lordofthesprings Active Member

hah nice rod ! did you catch it on that and the plug behind that huge flasher ?