2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Mid-island fisher

Mid-island fisher New Member

Yes Sanger. I got auto corrected

2. Mid-island fisher

Mid-island fisher New Member

It did it again. Sangster

3. Redfisher

Redfisher Active Member

Out yesterday on the humps in front of the creek.....lots of smaller shakers but nothing big enough for dinner. Herring are starting to school up out in the middle of the gulf and the bird/sea lion action is increasing as a result. Released a 20lb ling that got us excited when it first hit:) Another beauty day out there.

MRWood and Mr. Incredible like this.
  4. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

IMG_2104.JPG Herring is here time to stock up on bait

Tightlines22 and Discus like this.
  5. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Bushy and I got our bait in Northwest Bay yesterday..................BRS

6. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Those are cool pics BRS. The fleet is now in Nuttal Bay. I went out in my rowboat and jigged up 50 or so at lunch time.

Bigdogg, getbent and chipstealer like this.
  7. adrian1991

adrian1991 Active Member

8. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

Looks like a wether window tomorrow morning anybody hitting the humps tomorrow?

adrian1991 likes this.
  9. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

Dam seaweed

10. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Does that mean no fish? Sure looked liked a beauty day yesterday to be out on the water.

11. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

Ya I got skunked the seaweed was bad I seen a guy at the dock with one

12. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

Slow out on the humps today was using the green hoochie in the morning with no action
    So I switched over to spoons and got 2 shakers right away and 1 underside spring 55cm to the boat and a live release

Mr. Incredible likes this.
  13. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

So I'm posting this for a friend, Bushy. First drop at Balenas, around 2:30pm. Bloody Nose (Shane) with a garbage can lid flasher. 15.5 pounder fought like a 20. Booshy let one get away then let an undersized go. Couple Shakers after that.

14. Brett

Brett New Member

L
    That's for sure not a 15.15 pounder not to be a party pooper but just for a realty check

Old Blue likes this.
  15. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

Lol. Good eye. 12

16. bigredsnapper

Got out with Bushy yesterday for a couple hours and ran over to Ballenas after we pulled the prawn traps. Hit a double header out deep and lost mine a Bushy managed a scrappy 10 pounder. Had three undersized one of which was very close but didn't want t to measure. Hootchies had all the action, prawns and Sal.on for supper....BRS
    Minimum is 10 and I will gracefully give it that. Good thing I was on the net.......BRS

17. bigredsnapper

Sorry guys, just put this app on my phone and getting used to it. Thought I posted that report then when I went to reply it posted.............BRS

18. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Bushy is the size of Andre The Giant :)

19. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Member

That salmon looks like it might be 6-8lbs at best. Lol.

Brett and TheHurtLocker like this.
  20. Brett

Brett New Member

Agreed!

1stLite likes this.