2017/2018 Upgrades

Still ticks me off the number of 4b, 4bt, 6bt, Perkins and international engines thrown in the scrap metal bin at work. all about 10000 hrs. Nothing wrong just went tier 2 an 3. Would have been just as good a start on a project as this hull I got lol!

Still ticks me off the number of 4b, 4bt, 6bt, Perkins and international engines thrown in the scrap metal bin at work. all about 10000 hrs. Nothing wrong just went tier 2 an 3. Would have been just as good a start on a project as this hull I got lol!
can you tell me where the dumpster is i would grab as many cummins as i can

Interesting that a number of you prefer the iTroll over Troll Master. What makes it better? Does the iTroll also come as wireless? Is it cheaper?

I'd be interested in the 6bt's also... looking for another 96-98 vintage 12V with p-pump to work on this winter if anyone has any leads. 215HP preferably.

(editted to reflect proper 6bt HP rating)

Last edited:
20170605_161305.jpg Thought mine said 220 for some reason ('96) but your prob right now that I think about it. Will have a closer look when I'm over at my boat tomorrow.
Found this pic on my computer and after zooming in it is a 215hp... not sure why I was thinking 220. prob cause the engine it replaced was a 220 HP D4.2L.
Had a bunch of pics saved from when I was building it but lost the sd card they were on when I replaced my phone... kinda sucks.
Sorry for taking this thread a bit off topic.:eek:

Last edited:
View attachment 35817 Thought mine said 220 for some reason ('96) but your prob right now that I think about it. Will have a closer look when I'm over at my boat tomorrow.
Found this pic on my computer and after zooming in it is a 215hp... not sure why I was thinking 220. prob cause the engine it replaced was a 220 HP D4.2L.
Had a bunch of pics saved from when I was building it but lost the sd card they were on when I replaced my phone... kinda sucks.
Sorry for taking this thread a bit off topic.:eek:

I had permission to take a 4BT and 6BT, they went in the scrap metal bin. Even with permission it was about the time the airline was firing for any reason they could.. I didn't really have a use however I have built many great projects with nothing but a stupid idea and a component.

IMG_20171107_183720_315.jpg My bud Chuck cnc plasma cut me all new gauge and switch panels and a few you can't see in this pic. I carbon fiber wrapped and upgraded to new switches, smart craft gauges and flush mounted a HDS. Major upgrade over the old omc crap that was in there. The controls for The main aren't installed yet but boy are they slick.

View attachment 35894 My bud Chuck cnc plasma cut me all new gauge and switch panels and a few you can't see in this pic. I carbon fiber wrapped and upgraded to new switches, smart craft gauges and flush mounted a HDS. Major upgrade over the old omc crap that was in there. The controls for The main aren't installed yet but boy are they slick.
your not done yet lol

Back