2016 Yamaha 9.9TEXHB stolen Sept 26

Icemanfew

Hello fishing community!

My kicker was stolen right off my boat while in my front yard on Tuesday night while we slept. I had taken extra measures to prevent theft by adding a trailer lock through the kicker bracket. Didn't slow them down much. What else is a guy to do?
If you happen to see one for sale like it, please contact me on here.
2016 Yamaha high thrust extra long tiller handle electric start. Non power tilt

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 64
jesus alot of a-holes stealing these yammy kickers off you guys, wish we could find these bastards and beat them to an inch of their life. sounds like the only option nowadays might be to remove the kickers off the boats every night and put them inside.. sucks but might be the only way nowadays

Sorry about the theft. Somewhat related, yesterday while out for a long walk around the neighboring area where I live, could not help but notice how many boat and travel (RV) trailers that are sitting in people's driveways with minimal security. Most have cheap and easily bypassed Masterlock or Reese coupler locks that take only seconds to open.

Seen a couple of others that only had cheap, small padlocks that are more meant for gym lockers and can be easily cut with a small set of bolt cutters.

Never ceases to amaze me that people can spend tens of thousands on toys but skimp on cheap and easily bypassed locks.

Cap maybe you could post a few good locks instead of the junk
I put locking bolts (which I know will have to be drilled out) removed the handles, a motor cycle lock and most important I have insurance

Last night, I wrote a lengthy and informative post on some different (and more capable) locks to secure a trailer. This morning, I awoke to find that someone ripped the entire post and posted to Facebook as their own. I have reported this to Facebook but doubt that they will do anything.

I don't mind people sharing the info but when it is blatant theft, I draw the line and therefore have removed my post from here. If anyone would like an emailed copy, you can PM me.

Last edited:
Wow I never knew my master 377 pick was such a pos

Back