2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
i
20161029_130403.jpg
[/QUO
image not loading

Good to see Scott. I have not fished OB in a month or two. Perhaps I should be closer to home then.

Found a purple Avet and trevala rod on the side of the road this morning. Just north of the Mackenzie intersection, heading north.

Unfortunately, it looked like the rod/reel had been dragged behind the boat for a while and run over. The reel had been spooled and badly damaged, it wasn't even attached to the rod which was also a total loss.

I proped them up and left them on the side of the road.

If you know someone missing a rod from today.......

I know who lost it one of my fishing partners .... give me a call......

Last edited:
Spent some time fishing with Andrew from AP tackle works this last week and we got into some winters, here's the first one with some damn good size for this time of year. Sandlance spoons on bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_20161117_162843.jpg
    IMG_20161117_162843.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 174
went for halis at the mud hole today rough sea early on then calm by 9am. 12 dogs and no hali love but there were 4 boats around us and they caught four - good on them!! great day on water with buddy a little cold though lol used herring and salmon bellies for no luck

Hali report- A friend was out at Constance Friday and picked up a 60 and a 70 in two hours. I headed out Saturday and had non-stop dogfish action, but no hali on the side of the shipping lanes. Out again yesterday at Constance. More swarms of dogfish until the flood began around noon. Switched from bait to white grubs and within about 15 minutes had 2 hali on. One small one and one around 55. Seal tried stealing the hali when we got back to Esquimalt. Had a short game of tug of war. LOL

fished sunday from 11-3, tried to launch at james bay but looked a bit choppy over there, so headed for cattle. Threw down some crab pots, and headed for the flats. Got lots of feeder springs in the 3-4 range, a nice 10 and 7 spring, a fat ling cod we threw back, and lost a pin popper to a seal!
4 crab and 3 fish in the boat on a clear and cold sunny day.

Honestly dont have much insight myself,,, all I know is tickets are hard to obtain and theirs a grandfathering system I believe, 50$ tickets..and its strictly off the victoria waterfront.

Looking on getting out to give Hali fishing a shot down in Victoria probably Constance bank before the season ends on the 31st, never fished that bank before but I see lots of talk about the current there, just looking for some insight as to how fast is to fast is to fast of a current to get the jigs down. And do you guys pay attention to the rise and drop of the tide or just watch the current chart for the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back