2016 Sidney

Discussion in '2016 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by RogersonCrusoe, Apr 7, 2016.

1. BarryA

BarryA Member

I'm so adept at losing cannonballs that I've wised up and switched to gangion line tied to a coastal lock. Make my own clips by buying the Scotty clips (just the clip with no line or ferrule) and tying on 200# mono. Buy the 15# balls on Craigslist in bulk. Out the door cost is down to $33 US. Not so painful anymore. Dragging bottom for black mouth across the border takes its toll.

RogersonCrusoe likes this.
  2. Arjento

Arjento Member

Tried our luck red can to powder wharf a couple baby coho nothing else lots of bait calm flat water. There was maybe 2 other boats not much action that I could see. Oh well goid day to be out with my kids.

3. advTHXance

advTHXance Well-Known Member

Bonked a nice 9# hatchery coho in Sidney Channel today. G-force spoon and betsy flasher. Saw a nice sized coho get netted at the bluffs earlier on as well.

4. advTHXance

advTHXance Well-Known Member

Out for a couple hours today, mostly just to test my new cabin heater and make sure everything else still works before the boats annual servicing. Released a small guy around Wain rock, went to try and fish Coal or Fairfax for a bit but the wind got up on my way over so I packed it in. Saw 1 other fish netted, looked to be about 5 lbs or so.