2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

14# on a 602 plug yesterday morning at quarry then over to the pilings. SE got a bit lumpy. Lost 3 decent fish at the boat (newbs on the rods). AP spoon and skinnyG.
Next to nothing for bait and fish on the sounder but a few fish were there

0-8, fish won. 6 shakers and 2 keepers lost. all on herring strip and yellow hootchy at the Gap. Trolled 602, 157 tomic nothing. spoons nothing. nice day no wind lots of bait at the gap.

When you say 'the Gap', are you referring to south of Epsom Pt, the gap that connects north and south Thormanby?

Fished Epsom today with no luck. Came back out and fished the late afternoon. Trolled contours from the point to the gap found some bait but nothing. Headed north of the marker where it was hot two weeks ago and found some great bait balls in about 115 ft of water, picked 2 nice ones up on a 602 and 407 plug 83 and 63 down around 830, bite was on.

Beat the flotilla to Epsom this morning, got my first plug fish on 602. Was barely legal so released, hoping for a good karma cash-in later in the day but it wasn't to be. Lots of bait on the sounder holding deep in the gap. A few popped pins rounded the day off... no major action for me still tho.... heard of a few nice ones the last couple nights... just not by me... :cool:

We also fished Epsom last night and this morning. One decent keeper was all we managed. Sure are a lot of undersize still. Bodes good for the future. Sure missing the 20 plus lb fishing we were getting this time last year.

We also fished Epsom last night and this morning. One decent keeper was all we managed. Sure are a lot of undersize still. Bodes good for the future. Sure missing the 20 plus lb fishing we were getting this time last year.

I think I saw you out at Epsom last night, do you have a hard top Trophy? Lot's of just legal fish around. I'm not sure why the size has not shown up.

Went out to Epson Point yesterday morning 5-10am. Got a 15lb, two 10lb and let go two just undersize. Bite was really hot around 8am. We got most of our hits then including a double header spring/coho. Slowed down significantly after that and waters got bumpy. All on anchovy or Irish cream spoon 130-140ft down in 170-200ft water. Saw a lot of bait down deep so that's where we fished.

We got 3 yesterday morning at quarry. 8-12#. Few fish were caught this past week 15 to low 20's. Not as many undersize.
Egmont Pt has slowed down. Locals are getting smaller fish.
I made a quick pass last monday and picked up a hatchery coho. Not much showing that afternoon for fish or bait.

ill be up their on friday so will hit egmont point for sure and might make a run to quarry. Any gear used specifically for that area? I dont have any plugs but may buy a couple to try out. Any recommendations?

Plugwise theTomic 602 has been producing well for me as have Gibbs skinnyG and Gforce spoons as well as AndrewP spoons.

Egmont area you might want to take a short run up to the Delta Rock gravel pit area or Freil Falls in Hotham Sound.
Sechelt Inlet has been producing some nice fish but take care travelling the Skookumchuck Rapids.

Quarry is a good bet, bigger fish lately.

Thanks grascal. Where abouts is delta rock and freil falls in hotham sound. cant seem to find it.

Delta rock is up jervis a couple of miles toward Vancouver bay. Gravel pit on your right going up. Treat creek is the landmark on the chart. Can be fish all along but the pit lights hold the bait when it's there.

Freil falls is in hotham sound at the harmony islands. From egmont point head across jervis to foley head and follow along to Granville bay. You will see the falls ahead. Fish in front.

Past the harmonies is an rca to the top of hotham. Check it out as it is closed to all fishing.

Good luck and have a good weekend

Back