2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Discussion in '2016 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by TheHurtLocker, Apr 8, 2016.

1. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Where is Epson just out of curiosity?

2. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

back side thormanby island, there is a marker off the point, there is also a section in there as we used to call the gaff as its hooked like a gaff on the backside of the island.

3. Filletandrelease

Filletandrelease Active Member

Think I may spend the evening there.

Burban likes this.
  4. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info always interested where you guys go!

5. Burban

Burban Active Member

Thinking the same... a scout for the weekend.

6. Filletandrelease

Well that wasn't a very brilliant evening. Let 3 small legal fish go but no big shouldered ones for us. Heck of a lot of bait though. Try again tomorrow.

7. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

Started at Epson picked up one on a gear check reeling in. Tons of p cod. Ran over to Upwood and got into some decent fish. Mid teener and lost a couple that would have been the same. Anchovies and skinny g spoon were the ticket. Going to head out this morning see what happens.

8. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Don't you have some yard work to do or something? You fish to much!!

9. Burban

Burban Active Member

Tough day for us. Epsom was super sloppy this morning but we pressed on... too bad we got nothing but borderlines and undersized to show for it. Burned over to Upwood when it laid down a bit, bite must have turned off when we got there tho.

10. TheHurtLocker

It was a dead sea for us today as well. Same spots. The only thing I caught was a sun burn.

11. Filletandrelease

12. Filletandrelease

Same for us. Both spots were dead. Nursing my sunburnt feet right now. Try again tomorrow I guess.

13. TheHurtLocker

I was smart this time when we moved down here, got away from the huge yard and lawns and went with a grassless yard. More fish time. I'll be in PR this week, maybe we can take the new boat out pal.

leftcoast likes this.
  14. Waveslayer

Waveslayer Member

Fished up Pender Harbour way last week around entrance to Aggemenmon channel caught 3 nice springs .. Biggest around @ 18 lbs and smallest around 12lbs all fish took anchovies though we threw lots of hoochies and spoons at them! Had some great weather and its always nice to see Salmon returning to such a great area! IMG_20160521_144645.jpg

15. TheHurtLocker

image.jpeg Went out to Epson for the late tide, got into a good bait ball and picked two up. First was a 10 lb on a 407 plug and second was a 25lb on a 602 plug.

sly_karma and Waveslayer like this.
  16. Filletandrelease

Nice job finding the fish guys. I fished all weekend and got nothing to speak of.

17. Burban

Burban Active Member

Nice job guys! Sweet fish

The fishing is definitely very spotty, fortune favors the diligent. I'm gonna try and sneak out tonight, but might go somewhere different.

Id like to go down the Agamemnon channel one day, it looks like a cool area and a fun adventure.

18. SprinterX

SprinterX Member

Thanx for saving some fish for us this coming weekend. Looking forward to landing a few with the new rod and reel.

Filletandrelease likes this.
  19. TheHurtLocker

I went out yesterday with Livelines and we started at Epsom and didn't see that much around. We ran over to Sangsters and fished the south and north end with the jigging rods with no luck. Tons of wood in the water. Headed over to Lasqueti and trolled young pt and then over to Texada and fished upwood pt and nothing yet. Headed back over to Epsom and finally picked one up around 730 ish. It was a long day and hot.

I went out tonight at 730 and picked one up and lost a couple of nice ones at Epsom, the most bait I have seen all year. The fish both nights were caught on plugs. 407 and 602. Plugs have been out fishing everything else for me lately.

20. TheHurtLocker

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg The last three nights on plugs

sly_karma likes this.