2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

We went back out to Epsom on Wed night, found tons of bait in the shallows right away and stayed in it for 3 hrs. We has one under size spring. Nothing else, used plugs all night. Thought we were going to have a great night because of the bait around. It still was, calm and the beers were cold but no fish. Bit of a stinger at work in the morning too.

We went back out to Epsom on Wed night, found tons of bait in the shallows right away and stayed in it for 3 hrs. We has one under size spring. Nothing else, used plugs all night. Thought we were going to have a great night because of the bait around. It still was, calm and the beers were cold but no fish. Bit of a stinger at work in the morning too.

BLL's?

Third time lucky, finally got into some fish tonight at Epsom. I was going to go up to the pilings but the weather was a little ugly so went back to Epsom. Picked two up on 602 and 212. Lost a nice one behind the boat. 91 to 82 ft in 120 ft of water. Good bait around.

Spent a few hours trolling plugs around Sergent's Bay area in the chop. No action till 815-845, apparently that's when the rockfish get up. No springs tonight... fish and chips tomorrow, and 1 ling that had to go back. Hope the wind is conducive to a Texada/Lesquiti day this weekend!

Spent a week with my mom and dad on there 30 commander and I was on my double eagle.fished Epson mostly but Sangster was producing well when we went.To my suprise fishing was steady for us but what hit me was live bait out produced 4 to 1 .12 foot leader 12lb test and single #12 treble.Its goid to see the seals gone and will be back.20160802_191331.jpg

Anyone have any luck this weekend? I have more of a sightseeing report then a fishing report...

Fishing buddies were in short supply this weekend so took out the wife. Was looking nice to cross over Sangster so we bolted over, was nice most of the way then got rough around the island. We stopped for a few minutes, did one circumnavigation of the island, but the 2-3' waves weren't really to her liking, so we picked and went back to Young Point. Dropped the lines for 30 mins, 1 doggy and lost a 15lb ball to a kinked line - clip and everything ( lol, ouch). Trolled around the point and along the RCA then picked up and went into Anderson Bay for shore lunch and exploring. Cerveza, pico de gallo, and a siesta... that siesta turned out to be my best catch of the day! Stopped at Epsom for the night bite but wifey was making puppy dog eyes so we didn't stay long and went in time to pull the boat and get dinner at the Boot... great day, no fish, lots of brownie points.

Actual fishing trip tomorrow evening, fishing partners are back in town, hopefully grind out a good fish or two at Epsom...

Was out at Epsom on Saturday morning. Tried out plugs for the first time. Boxed one 14lb red at 7am on a 530 tubby around 120ft in 140ft of water. Had a blast catching it with no flasher, can't wait to try them more. The rest of the morning was pretty slow so we headed to secret cove for some lings instead. Nice day.

We were out on Sunday late afternoon, went up to the pilings and gave it a shot with no luck. Headed back down to Epsom and found some bait and lost a good size spring on the ole 602 plug. Great night out, water was perfect.

Put in a few hours in the chop tonight at Epsom. Fished the gap to the shelf, saw a few bait balls, one nice big one. Pounded them for a bit, only scratched up an undersized and a few shredded anchovies.

Hoping to put in a shift this weekend to find some fish.

Hit Sangster this morning, that westerly ended up getting pretty snotty though. Got 3 wild coho to the boat before getting a cannonball hung up on one of the reefs. Turned into a bit of a situation with the water being so rough, and afterwards decided to head back. Definitely some fish out there, wish it would lay down for a day though! Epsom seemed pretty calm when I went by but I was done.

I fished the last two nights at Epsom. Had my dad out for both nights. 602 worked both nights, both fish were around 10 to 12 lbs. The first night he farmed a pretty good size fish not a big deal though. It was cool having him out on the water enjoying himself, he couldn't believe the way the new sounder/chartplotters work. He was stuck to the screen watching for bait and fish. We have not been on the chuck fishing together since you had to rake your own herring so its been way to long. Big thanks to LiveLines for doing the hook sets for him the first night!

Glad to see this thread so active! We've had a slow 2 weeks trolling but heard reports of Epsom having fish again. Fished last night 7:15 to 8:30 with live herring drifting along the beach towards the marker at Epsom in 115-90 ft. Two hits, one 10 pounder and a 16 pounder in the boat! No dog fish or flounder, it was a great night. TheHurtLocker we were in the small Campion centre console. I'm sure I've seen you out there lots. Cheers.

Headed over in about a week for a few days. Anyone care to share any info/tips on fishing up around Earls Cove and into Jervis Inlet, for salmon, ling and rock fish?

Thanks!

Glad to see this thread so active! We've had a slow 2 weeks trolling but heard reports of Epsom having fish again. Fished last night 7:15 to 8:30 with live herring drifting along the beach towards the marker at Epsom in 115-90 ft. Two hits, one 10 pounder and a 16 pounder in the boat! No dog fish or flounder, it was a great night. TheHurtLocker we were in the small Campion centre console. I'm sure I've seen you out there lots. Cheers.

You might have been following me out last night.

Back