2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Discussion in '2016 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by saanauk, Apr 7, 2016.

1. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

sweet. cannot wait to launch

2. SpringFever552

SpringFever552 Well-Known Member

Looks good..
    Heard theres "plans" for a marina to be dredged out on the left and a campsite where the "secure" parking is.

3. bigdogeh

bigdogeh Well-Known Member

So much nicer than what was previously there. Hard to tell but are there bumpers along side of the new docks?

4. salmonkiller01

salmonkiller01 Well-Known Member

Does not look like it.
    Huge upgrade, should make launch and retrieval speed up!

5. bigdogeh

bigdogeh Well-Known Member

Will be alot safer also. Last year I saw one person fall through the "dock" on the left side once when a rotten plank snapped. looked painful...

6. saanauk

saanauk Active Member

Looks nice....guess I will have to give it a try next month.

7. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Pls give us a report when u do. A marina would be great but I hope they keep some secure parking.

8. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Did the launch itself get fixed and dredged? Docks look great. 1 for launch and one for retrieve

9. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

10. hud52

hud52 Member

What a fantastic upgrade! Should make launching and hauling much easier and less stressful............

11. captmike

captmike Member

thanks for the info SF-we have a cabin booked in Esperanza so am thinking of driving to Tahsis instead of our usual launch at Gold R . my 26' is about 10,000 lb incl trailer- any thoughts on the road to Tahsis this summer?

12. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Haven't been this year but they improve it every year! I 'm not sure driving a boat that heavy is your best option-we were talking hypothetically if the FN raised rates-haven't heard what they are charging yet. Driving is an option-it's doable but I still think that Gold river is the best bet as long as things stay the way they were and the don't start jacking parking and launch prices.