2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2016 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

Good thing Cabin boy was on the net !

2. Copper Moon

Copper Moon Member

Lots of fish brought into Schooner Cove today Scott.

3. Klob

Klob Well-Known Member

Went 4 for 4 at the humps Sunday. 200' Army Truck and Green Splatterback. Top of the flood. Good start to the season

Attached Files:

Barnacle Bill and Mr. Incredible like this.
  4. high tide

high tide Well-Known Member

Judging by Mr Incredibles Avtar ........ He should be Ms. Incredible lol haha all in fun.

5. Seafever

Seafever Well-Known Member

Winchelsea area yesterday. 5 Chins on. All just a tad undersize. Lots of small pesky P-cod around. That you have no idea are on the line.

Seemed 140 t0 150 ft deep in 400ft of water was good. Better than trolling in shallower.

Green splatter back hoochy and Bon Chovi Skinny G spoon ( green white with a bit of yellow on it) were the producers . Behind green/silver flasher. Although I also used the Skinny G 6ft behind a chrome
    Kite-tail and it was just as good.

No algae bloom yet but it might be just starting.

6. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible New Member

That's my mechanic ! Lol

high tide likes this.
  7. hedgehog

hedgehog Member

For crying out load. Yup it was the tension clip. In all my years of fishing I swear I have never had to touch it or even new it was there. Maybe the older ones didn't have it, I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks BRS.

8. Nanooser

Nanooser New Member

Gerald Island produced this weekend, 150' deep in 180' with the splatterback hootchie did the job. Lots of fun playing those first "training sized" fish of the year. They make up in enthusiasm for what they lack in size! Anyone watching me solo net that last one on Sunday morning must still be laughing!

9. fish brain

fish brain Active Member

Well at least it's an easy fix!;)

10. searun

searun Well-Known Member

Out front yesterday, 4 nice fish (3 teenagers and one about 10 pounds) in about 40 minutes of fishing. Went out again tonite for quick fish, and lots of unders plus we released half dozen in the 6 to 8 pound range. Kept 3 nice fish around 10 pounds. The only large one we had on fell off unfortunately. 3.5 inch spoons were the ticket...tried splatter back hoochie, but it wasn't producing as well as the spoons. Fishing was steady until 8 p.m. and shut down like turning off a switch.

Bruce Lee likes this.
  11. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Member

Was out yesterday for a few hours and had quite of bit of action. Landed 4 all about the 10-12lb range and lost 4 more. It was just a beautiful morning on the water. Good to see the fishing is starting to heat up.

MRWood likes this.
  12. searun

searun Well-Known Member

Pretty epic fishing IMO. They aren't whales yet, but lots of great action.

13. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Member

This wind could f*#£ off anytime. Not looking very good for the weekend.

adrian1991 likes this.
  14. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

was looking to sneak out tonight myself..we'll see

15. AquaDisiacIII

AquaDisiacIII Member

Agreed. Getting a little frustrated with this wind. Better not be around next weekend for the derby.

16. Hot Reels

Hot Reels Member

Where is the derby next weekend?

17. adrian1991

adrian1991 Active Member

Think its the serauxmen in nanaimo that harbour chandler is hosting may14/15

18. AquaDisiacIII

AquaDisiacIII Member

19. AquaDisiacIII

AquaDisiacIII Member

French Creek to Ladysmith

20. Hot Reels

Hot Reels Member

Thanks for the info.