Used only the herring aide spoon by silverhorde
About 2dozen fish only 2 keepers the rest undersized
And lots of pollock for the crab traps
110-160ft neckpoint

Attachments

• IMAG1576.jpg
    IMAG1576.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 60
went 8 for 9 yesterday morning off the fingers. 2 keepers and 6 unders. Couple pollock, but not as numerous as they were. No bait, just army truck and other hoochies at 125 to 140 feet. Good morning.

Thanks PapaWisky. Taking my wife out in the morning then the son in law in the evening depending on the wind. Got a line up of people wanting to go out!

Pretty quiet in here...what gives. It's either really good and everyone's fishing or sadly very slow.

Tight lines!

Was out yesterday afternoon until the black clouds chased me. At 105' a big one took three long runs, that spooled the reel to two or three winds, in a moment of exhaustion I rested for a second thinking I had enough tension on the line. Tick gone. Wow what a rush! There are Big ones out there.

Heading out shortly...will post tonight for an update. Either way...I'd rather be fishing than...anything else!

End up heading out of Schooner. Picked up 2 keepers, one released and one into the fry pan tonite. Couple other small ones and 2 small coho. 120 to 130', green blend coyote spoon. Then the storm came...

Fish.jpg

I was on the water at just after 5am this morning and it got real nautical out there! Hopefully it calms down a bit this afternoon...

I was on the water at just after 5am this morning and it got real nautical out there! Hopefully it calms down a bit this afternoon...
I was about 15 min. behind you hung in till just after 8:00 got a little tough fishin solo.

Good crossing to Silva Bay yesterday even had time to go back out for a couple of hours around thrasher and mooched one Ling. Hi winds kept us in close to the islands today and got another. US coast guard was busy with distress calls. Tomorrow the weather looks promising, might even get some trolling in.

Great day on the water this morning. Got my first tyee ever - 33 pounds! Also got a couple more springs around ten pounds. All the action came on irish creme and homeland security spoons. Quite a few boats out but the wind started to pick up in the afternoon. Hopefully today was a sign that fishing is starting to pick up.

Attachments

• Spring_Tyee.jpg
    Spring_Tyee.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 252
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Great day on the water this morning. Got my first tyee ever - 33 pounds! Also got a couple more springs around ten pounds. All the action came on irish creme and homeland security spoons. Quite a few boats out but the wind started to pick up in the afternoon. Hopefully today was a sign that fishing is starting to pick up.

MAJOR! Congratulations on the Tyee TipUp and thanks for posting the report. I'm heading out of silva bay in the morning and will give those spoons a try. How deep was it?

Today we headed out at 10. Had our Lings by 12 then tried trolling the rodeo and gave up. Calmer forecast for am.

Back