2016 Nanaimo Reports

Discussion in '2016 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by AquaDisiacIII, Apr 6, 2016.

1. AquaDisiacIII

AquaDisiacIII Member

Might be jumping the gun with the forum just getting up and running again but here it is. Prawning is open again and the fish will be here any day if not already. Wind and weather is looking good this weekend!

Big Green Machine likes this.
  2. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Well-Known Member

Well fingers crossed things get back in order soon!

3. chevyshaulass

chevyshaulass Active Member

anybody catching anything out here yet? I was out Thursday afternoon off the fingers. no keepers, a few undersized springs and a handful of bluebacks that were biting on the surface.

4. 1stLite

1stLite Member

same out there today couple of shaker springs and a blueback

5. finchasr

finchasr New Member

Boat should be ready to go this week. A quick wash and wax. I was given a formula on brining anchovies to try. Can't wait to see how and if it work. Plus why have teaser heads gone through the roof. I get that the company has been bought out but come on.

6. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

USA dollar has impacted everything imported or manufactured off shore or in the USA.....

7. gamechanger

gamechanger Well-Known Member

Are the springs hitting the Nanaimo waterfront yet...shouldn't be long?

jeffywestcoast likes this.
  8. Reel Time

Reel Time Active Member

Went out with a bud this last sunday, between fingers to entrance 1Km out, kept one small keeper that didn't pop pin and probably dragged for sometime. Out again this weekend if nice.

9. chevyshaulass

went out yesterday afternoon for something to do, was pretty nasty out there so only fished for an hour, did a wind drift from snake to neck point offshore got a shaker and another about 5 pounds or so, prob an inch or 2 undersized.

10. Salty

Salty Member

Went out a couple nights this week, it's been slow but have had a few undersized each trip. Anybody been into any decent fish yet? Hopefully we'll start seeing some good action soon.

11. 1stLite

1stLite Member

goin out the morning. Some decent fish should start showing up anytime

12. chevyshaulass

got one about 8 pounds and 7 or 8 undersized fish this afternoon out in 1000 feet. Pollock were bad today.

13. Bordeau

Bordeau Member

well done.
    1000 feet deep? Typo or do you really have the biggest reel in town?

14. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

depth where he is fishing is a 1000 feet, but he will be suspended at somewhere between 100 and 250 for DR depth

15. Bordeau

Bordeau Member

Now it makes sense. Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated.

16. chevyshaulass

got a 14 pounder yesterday afternoon but it was pretty slow, only a few other undersized fish, one was maybe close to legal. its not yet infested with Pollock but there are enough to make me check lines every 10 minutes. army truck hoochie at 130 feet got the keeper.

Barnacle Bill likes this.
  17. Steveo

Steveo Active Member

Got out Tuesday night at the tide change. Fished off Neck point. Varied depths and lures. 3 pollock. No springs.

18. codfather

codfather Active Member

Has anyone seen the official commercial prawn opening dates?

19. grascal

grascal Member

12 May. 1200 noon. coastwide

20. codfather

codfather Active Member

Thanks grascal, I have looked on the DFO site and could not find it.