2016 Alberni Inlet

just back
return report , thx for the tip Clint , we were gonna head out sunday , but jumped on his report
fished Saturday with 2 friends from 7- 10 , 3 riggers , 3 rods , 3 dummy set-ups
50-75 feet , tandem blacks, mini squirts ( with TANDEM BLACKS ) , spoons , hooked well over 40 fish ,
kept 12 bullets , nice early season fish , m2b , when you see fish jumping , move in , stay on top of them ,
dont need to be a part of the pack....
great day , lotta laughs....

flasher colors just didnt seem to matter fyi
(LOTSA DUMMIES TOO )

some came back to our docks disappointed , attention to detail guys IMG_7792.JPG
, if its not going off for you , and you see others slammin them , MIX IT UP , easy fishery to figure out ,
especially when you know the fish are there !!
gd lk , get out there boys , have fun ,

( good springs at Harbor Entrance to Swale )
pretty quiet around the rest of the sound , big bank was mediocre

fd

Last edited:
Great to Hear !
Nice big fish and a few smiles too!!
We were killing them on mini blue and pink hoochies , 21 inch leaders , 20-45 ft down , stacking two rods on each side with a dummy , changing speeds if bites slowed
and lots of laughs lol
I'm back to now getting ready for the ground fishing trip , maybe share a few stories then ......
Tight lines and Good Luck !

This weeks test set data... looking good for the weekend!

Jun 20 2016 1 1 Ten Mile Point 26
Jun 20 2016 1 2 Pocahontas Point 303
Jun 20 2016 1 3 Chup Point 30
Jun 20 2016 1 4 Pill Point 39
Jun 20 2016 1 5 Limestone Island (Opst) 284
Jun 20 2016 1 6 Coyote Bluff 300
Daily total 982 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
Jun 21 2016 1 1 Hocking Point (Opst) 185
Jun 21 2016 1 2 Sproat Narrows 27
Jun 21 2016 1 3 Underwood Cove 597
Jun 21 2016 1 4 China Creek 129
Jun 21 2016 1 5 Lone Tree Point 21
Jun 21 2016 1 6 Follinsbee Creek 9
Daily total 968

Just in case you get into camp late in the afterernoon, don't right the day off. I have gone out late at night just before dark and found there can be a great late bite at times. How they see those hoochies in the dark is beyond me, but they've stayed hitting till 10:30 at night at this time of year. Not every bodies cup of tea fishing at that time, but early morning isn't the only time they bite there. Just FYI, if you're bored in camp and feel like a little late night action.

Nothing wrong with a little late night action!

Hi The Fog Ducker, what size hooks would you recommend for the tandem set up? Thanks.

Just in case you get into camp late in the afterernoon, don't right the day off. I have gone out late at night just before dark and found there can be a great late bite at times. How they see those hoochies in the dark is beyond me, but they've stayed hitting till 10:30 at night at this time of year. Not every bodies cup of tea fishing at that time, but early morning isn't the only time they bite there. Just FYI, if you're bored in camp and feel like a little late night action.
We are planning a trip to China Creek with my 17ft.er in the first week of July. I've been there a few times before, in years gone by, to hit the June sox, so I know how to dial those in, however I've never been there in July. Are the springs starting to show up around there then, and are the sox expected to still be there in numbers then or will the commies have cleaned them all up by then? Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks for the info FD. I'll keep an eye on the weather...shoot for Sunday or Monday. Bringing my wife and 2 girls along(who have never caught a sockeye) so want to pick a day with the best chance of steady action.

Thanks for the info on the hooks. There are some nice looking fish there!

We're heading up in a week and really looking forward to it!

Back