2016 Alberni Inlet

We fished Assist, Pill Point, Swale and the Wall sunday with anchovies, hootchies and spoons. Never had a hit from 7am-2pm. Went and got a room at Poetts Nook and fished from 4pm-8pm. Landed 2 coho (13 and 15 lb) on Glow White hootchie at 45 ft. on the rigger. Monday fished from 6am to 2pm not one hit on anything we tried. One boat came in with 1 coho and 1 spring caught on Irish Cream spoon, 70 ft. on the rigger outside the Nook. Few and far in-between.

Wow that doesn't sound good, sorry to hear that. If the water is still nice and clear on the inside try hoochies in blue
or purple shades, with a blue or purple flasher. Those colors were working well a few weeks back in the sound when I was there. Those colors usually do well in the sound in Sept for coho and springs. Good luck.

changes daily , purples one week ago was the go to , blues did **** ,
flavor of the past wknd was white hoochies ,and yes , solid glow as well, purple flash fly
had a couple springs
some guys were doin ok on bait , but hoochies killed it for us , kinda nice !!
flasher colors didnt seem to matter , gold purple works for me ,

200 lbs of red meat in 3 days for us,
coho tailed off sunday , was smokin thursday and friday
the obliging springs were welcomed by Jim and Donny sat and sun ,
last 2 , a landed dbl header to finish our 2016 summer season , 4 over 20-22

bring on the cooler weather , time for some smokin and bevys , enjoy !!

reset with our winter gear in 6 weeks

have a great fall , catch ya laters
gd lk to the tuna fleet
stay safe

felix

Reactions: RBL
From Mon to Thurs, fished the Canal from China Creek to Pill point (while staying out of closed areas ) with a very experienced summer resident fisherman of the Canal and didn't even get a bite ............ Fished everything he had and with his 40 plus years experience , couldn't get a bit , what does that tell ya ? I agree time for a new partner lol
No, but thinking the fishing is done in the Canal ! (others more knowledgeable than I say they will still come in , in waves so ???)
Went up to Roberts Creek Hatchery on tues and the Coho are at the ladder, lots of hugh Cohos waiting to climb up, they a suppose to open it Friday.
Worst trip in 20 plus years , but still better than best day at work !

From Mon to Thurs, fished the Canal from China Creek to Pill point (while staying out of closed areas ) with a very experienced summer resident fisherman of the Canal and didn't even get a bite ............ Fished everything he had and with his 40 plus years experience , couldn't get a bit , what does that tell ya ? I agree time for a new partner lol
No, but thinking the fishing is done in the Canal ! (others more knowledgeable than I say they will still come in , in waves so ???)
Went up to Roberts Creek Hatchery on tues and the Coho are at the ladder, lots of hugh Cohos waiting to climb up, they a suppose to open it Friday.
Worst trip in 20 plus years , but still better than best day at work !

same guy that got 14 coho near Bamfield a week ago Clint ??
talk about the switch turning off

Nook to Beale , flemming ,sanford was the place to be , from what i seen and fished , August/Sept
still hearing coho being caught yesterday , not quite over !!!

fd

same guy that got 14 coho near Bamfield a week ago Clint ??
talk about the switch turning off

Nook to Beale , flemming ,sanford was the place to be , from what i seen and fished , August/Sept
still hearing coho being caught yesterday , not quite over !!!
PS we fished all over Pill, Nook as far as Bam and Nadda but seen a lot of sea puppies hooking up but no fisherpersons

fd
Yup, I ( and he) couldn't believe it.... It was the worst fishing ever hahaha Should have listened to you and never came out lol
PS Seen ya hauling out at PA, should have know lol

Went out yesterday for a little sight seeing and then some trolling with my wife, her friend and her friends sister from Alberta. Left PA at 0730 and headed down the inlet looking for eagles and bears on the flats around Lone tree, etc. Cruised past Arden Creek and down into the narrows. Here I was explaining the regulations on which zones were closed, etc as we passed Hocking Point. Cruised into Nahmint to see if we could see any bears. No Bears but the Coho were jumping. Watched that as we turned to head over to Headquarters and then back up to the Narrows. That is when it hit me. It was October 2nd and we could have fished back in that school of jumping Coho. I stopped the boat to check out a printed copy of the closures to confirm and I was right. So as I was getting ready to go back there the sounder starts marking fish. We decided to start our trolling from there. Houchie on one side spoon on the other and a plug on top 60' back. Continued to mark fish but not a bite. Turned towards another boat that had one on (coho) and seen them net it. Trolled back and forth while we watched the other boat hook up and loose another. They anchored and broke out the spin cast rods. Seen them get another couple on and at least one more in the boat. We changed colors to try and match what they were throwing (looked like globs of red roe) but still no luck. As 1100 approached we turned and trolled back to PA as our friend from Alberta was flying back that night.

Back