2016/2017 Winter boat projects

Sculpin

I thought a current thread should be started.

I have a few minor things that have to be done to my gal but I am sure some of you have some things that would be worth sharing. Let's keep this portion of the forum alive and fresh shall we :).

I need to look into my on board battery charger needing a new cord do to the original wearing out. I am sure the charger is still ok but the end of the cord wore out with plugging in and out over the last few years.

I have sloppy VHF antennae as well that needs looking at.

I had Moose Marine Electrical redo my back deck light switch and it is working awesome now!

Last edited:
I've already cleaned up my wiring, adding positive and negative bus bars to clean up the cluster f**k on my fuse block. Next up is adding a Garmin 18HD radar dome. I've got all the bits and pieces now just have to find some good days to take the cover off the boat and do the install. Biggest issue will be fishing the wires from the cuddy cabin up through the windshield pillar on my Striper's Alaska Hardtop. Going to have to install a couple of large ports in the underside of the top to help guide the wiring and through bolt the radar mount.

I will be installing my new to me scotty 1101's with swivels on my boat for xmas fishing on okanagan lake!

Taking the 3 carbs off my 200 Yami and checking for worn needles and seats...I think I occasionally get a float that sticks and floods a couple of cylinders.

Will be installing another Simrad MFD, Link8 VHF and antenna, Lowrance Sonic Hub and speakers,and Structure Scan transducer and clean up some wiring,I have too many wires going directly to the batteries.

Carb rebuilds on all 4 of them off my 140 hp Johnson. Probably the carb on my Yamaha 6 too. Maybe ditch my small roof mounted arch and go with a gunnel to gunnel over roof setup

Then I thought..... these sleeper seat are crap and I've got two pedistals....
Then I thought .....I really hate the fuel lines going through the floor.....
Then I thought..... I should really give the tank a once over while in in here, all good thank god....

image-06.jpeg image-07.jpeg image-09.jpeg image-11.jpeg image-12.jpeg image-13.jpeg image-14.jpeg image-15.jpeg

So far so good.....

image-16.jpeg image-17.jpeg image-18.jpeg

Attachments

• image-19.jpeg
    image-19.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image-20.jpeg
    image-20.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-21.jpeg
    image-21.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 40
I plan in having one 8" deck hatch just over the sending unit. All the fuel lines were sealed in with 3M 5200 (still curing) and after I cut the 1/2" ply it will be glassed then a layer of CSM will be glassed in and finally the marine vinyl. SO much more room in the Double Eagle!

My guy in Nanaimo build it so Im not sure...think he custom makes it.. I'll talk to him on Thursday when I grab it and let u know

I have to install a battery, bilge pump, fishfinder and i have to re-fibreglass a "knee" that is attached to my deck and the inside of my transom. Once it gets warmer in the spring i am going to sand and paint my deck and my seats.
Also, i am going to sand down the metal parts on my trailer and re-paint them, get new trailer wheels and put on a new trailer winch.
I am also installing inspection ports, more rod holders, a downrigger and i have to get lettering to put my boats name on it.

Back