2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Tell Bushy to put the bait away, he must think he's still in rivers! Nice fish. That 30 knot afternoon wind was bizzare. Straight westerly.

I would never run bait with all the pollock around but it seems to be working. He got a 15lb on Friday with bait as well so I can't argue. That wind was crazy. I watched it start and decided to stay out, I wanted to see how the "new" boat handled the rough stuff and I was impressed. Put the tabs down and pounded across no prob..........BRS

great shirt

Finally something to report other than pollock. Went to Ballenas with Bushy, my cabin boy, and went 2 for 4. Hootchies and bait were the ticket. We did the usual passes and nothing so decided to head out to deeper water and finally got some action. Bushy just bought a new G.Loomis mooching rod and put some bait on and nailed the first one then I got the second on an army truck. Fish were at 120 ft in 500 ft of water. Weird Qualicum blew up so we had to tuck in on the back side of Ballenas where we lost a couple nice ones and waited til it calmed down a bit. Maybe try again today...........BRS
nice fish Greg Happy to see you out and catching. Save a few for us.

Roger that, love the shirt. Those were some quality fish there Kelly. Hey, make sure you remove the hidden bananas from that boat.:cool:

Fished from 7:30 to 9:30 this morning near the hump. 2 bites 2 13-15lb fish at 220 and 230 feet. Both on 4" Pesca spoons, green glow and green/blue glow. A few pollock but they didn't seem too bad this morning.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,000
Fished french creek hump during morning high tide. Lots of marks (pollack), threw afew back. No bait balls but a fair amount of weeds around. Had 5 hits off the clip all deeper 150-190 ft. Green flasher and anything behind it worked. Seems early risers that headed to sangster did better. Managed to put a hook through my finger, good thing we have to use barbless!!!

Yup same story here. A couple of pollack and two undersize springs both on copcars around 140' in 250' of water. I was trying everything I had at various depths. Should had gone to Sangster, it would had been perfect weather for my little boat.

67f1a2adaf3087b2014c4286777f280f.jpg

175' deep
White spoon
Trolling w the tide, 2.8 mph
Fought like hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't weigh it - don't have a scale! Measure my fish by the number of high fives I give the netter :)
My brother had on a smaller one at the same time which he released. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished the humps yesterday afternoon, still a lot of pollock to fight through, but managed to go 2 for 3 with an undersize and a 12#. Both fish at 120ft spoons and hoochies.

Fished the humps yesterday afternoon, still a lot of pollock to fight through, but managed to go 2 for 3 with an undersize and a 12#. Both fish at 120ft spoons and hoochies.

Ever try breading and frying the pollock? I bet they'd taste good. Fresh white fish, fried in butter with a bit of paprika.

Yah i have, you' re right they do taste great, but i only want pollock for dinner so many times haha. Im ready to keep the lines in the water for more than 15min at a time and find a big spring :)

Got a decent one in today's mix. Didn't quite make Tyee status, about a lb short.

Fishing slowed down from last weeks double digit days but has remained pretty strong. The fish are spread out everywhere but only biting on certain tides in a lot of areas.

Off chasing Lingcod on the spear tomorrow, it's a blast on the freedive gear. Here's a shot from last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back