2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Nice work Dave! (Pumpkin)......

The hoochies I showed worked for me out front (with Purple haze flasher)...you just had to be ditch diggin' on the bottom with them.

fished low tide on hump this am. Had to release a 12 lb "wild" coho, what a beauty! Too bad this wasn't Friday! He hit a wonder bread spoon coming up with red race car glow flasher. Caught/released another smaller wild coho with pink/purple hoochie and green onion glow flasher from 127 ft. A shaker caught on a pink/purple hoochie and purple glow flasher at 95 ft. (Released). Released two sharks from the deep 175 ft range that hit a green sparkle hoochie with green glow flasher and kermit spoon with same flasher. Lots of bait and marks. Quite afew taps and lost a couple just after they hit off the clip.

Fished the little Q and the humps yesterday was super slow for this time of year caught and released a few coho didn't see any springs and very little activity on the boats we watched.

I was at Little Q about 5, fished till 7:30. Lots o weed/sea debri . Kinda of rough too. Swapped to plugs and stayed out, picked up a nice spring in first 5 minutes. Didn't see any action.

It was another good day at little q yesterday. I had a couple rookies on board so we lost a few but still went 3 for 7 all fish between 20-25 lbs. Fished 35 -48 feet in 70 feet of water. Anchovies and mp5 hootchies were the ticket.

Attachments

• IMG_20150909_215340.jpg
    IMG_20150909_215340.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 380
hey guys, I've never fished the area and was thinking about coming up this week but I'm not sure where the best place to launch would be to fish around the little q area? Any help is appreciated

Really the only place to launch within reason for the little Q is French Creek, and you are still looking at close to 6 miles traveling. It can get pretty congested when the weather cooperates and the fish are hitting.

Stellar afternoon at the river. Went 3 for 3 up to 20lbs. Chovie and Purple haze with pink panty insert. 80' in 180'. When it's off it's off, but when it's on it's on.

Fished low tide on hump. Many Random bait and marks on sounder. Several good taps, couple hits off clip-gone, lost a coho at boat (purple onion glow flasher/silver-pink spoon from 140ft). Also lost a spring at boat (jellyfish glow flasher/wonder bread spoon from 175 ft).

Fished low tide on hump. Many Random bait and marks on sounder. Several good taps, couple hits off clip-gone, lost a coho at boat (purple onion glow flasher/silver-pink spoon from 140ft). Also lost a spring at boat (jellyfish glow flasher/wonder bread spoon from 175 ft).
Where is the hump?

image.jpgWent out this morning and within 15 minutes my steering cable snapped, luckily we landed a 13lber to make me feel a little better! Had another just undersize, and lost one on the way up. Was hoping to try the littleQ but lost steering over the humps. Most of our action was trolling right over the humps on a purple haze flasher and 3" pink sink spoon.

Humps are about a km north of French creek launch, easy to spot on your charts around the 200ft line

Hit little q this evening and didn't have any action, lots of boats around but didn't see anyone having any luck either, was using pink and purple hoochie and bait with a purple haze teaser head. Went to the humps around 7 and had a double header in 150' and 200' in 220' of water, running anchovie on one and blue and silver coyote on the other. As I was fighting one the other popped off the clip( i was fishin solo) and got wrapped around the one I was playing..to top things off I lost both and had a helluva mess haha. That was it for my night , hope others had better luck.

The Humps are off French Creek not Little Q.

It is a sand ridge that extends parallel to shore out front of the marine. Fairly lengthy. Shallow points on it are about 200ft deep.

You go straight out from shore, which is shallow and then it starts getting deeper ( over 250ft to 300ft). But then it comes back up again to about 200ft.

You can see it on marine charts....and it is marked on the Lowrance Elite 4-M that I use.

Extends from right of "out front" of marina to just about down to White Door way.

Back