2015 Nanaimo Reports

Im pretty sure after 6pm your only shot would be at wholesale sports.. Think they are open till 9:00 pm
2a2b6672676cd4786bbe9638b3bbb159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeffy and Bigdog. I was just informed Cabela's carries anchovies as well. Here's hoping I don't feed them all to the cod tomorrow.

over here on the mainland most Chevrons have herring and anchovies.Open 24hrs. too, when you just have to pack bait! lol

That's going to be one expensive first fish with the (hopefully upcoming) blood report. The good news is that every consecutive one, the price lessens substantially until they are almost free. LOL.

fished from noon til 430 today kept 2 low teens released a couple 6 or 7 pounders probably just legal. 140-200 feet kitchen sink and green haze spoons. about 40 boats out when I showed up.

fished from noon til 430 today kept 2 low teens released a couple 6 or 7 pounders probably just legal. 140-200 feet kitchen sink and green haze spoons. about 40 boats out when I showed up.

Nice report. Thanks for sharing :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't find anyone to go with yesterday so i stayed home , was watchin BWD pipers cam and could see a good number of boats out front.. Anyone else out there with a report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching through the binoculars pretty hard while I was out I only actually saw 1 boat get a undersized spring during that time. that being said, I know of a couple boats the got a few fish each earlier in the morning before I got out there. weather doesn't look great for the next few days.

Fished from 4-6:30 pm for the tide change. Got 2 undersize early. Partner landed a beauty 13lb red at the tide change. After a bonk and high fives, dropping the lines and had a nice one on before the other line was in the water. Lost it when a seal started chasing it and it jumped 4feet out of the water winked and spit the hook. Few guys at the cleaning table with low teeners. Got our on pink sink and bloody nose 3.5 inches, 120 feet of cable. Others on small cop cars. All outside the fingers. No algae to speak of. Beauty night to be out.

Attachments

• WP_20150425_002.jpg
    WP_20150425_002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,003
I was out in the morning went two for three landed two low teens, off neck point one on coho killer the other on a hootchie lost one on the double header bite was on at 9 30

Picked up 4 on Saturday 13-17 pounds. Beautiful day-flat calm and sunny skies.

Counted 28 boats out off the fingers and towards the double humps.

Cop car spoon was the ticket-110-130 feet.

Great report. Was nice and sporty out there today. Perfect if you were a surfer. Only 3 other boats (no pressure), great fun with great fishing partners.

I managed to slip out sunday afternoon to Entrance Island with the winds still blowing, but diminishing. Turned out rather nice, and fishable. Managed a teenager, released a small one and so many PC, i lost count. Most fishing was around the 140 foot mark, and a 4" Homeland security did the deed. Inside she had an 8" herring. So I switched to plugs to get away from PC.IMG_0790.jpg

They are here

Springs are here now.

PC LOVE anchovies, but crab love PC so that's a wash ;-)

PC will hit big plugs, but aren't fond of hoochies.

Hits at 200'

Now just have to figure out how to discern meat colour before bonking, prefer red spings.

Good to know this info about hoochies. I guess I must keep experimenting. Might take all summer, but I will, Someday I will have an answer.

Back