2015 Gulf Islands Reports

Out at Porlier again yesterday afternoon. One hit and one undersize caught at 125ft in 180ft of water. Nice day on the water except for the wind coming in.

Any action in the Gulf Islands today? We're going to head out tomorrow. Looks like a great evening to be on the water :D
SS

Kingfisher galiano salmon classic is where the link should take you. May 2nd Montague harbour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamrockin, thx for the post. I'm registered already and will be coming over from Vancouver with a few others boats as well. I think there are some boats from Saltspring, Galiano and other gulf islands entered as well. Should be good times!

PENDER BLUFFS, I've never fished there but going this wknd. Where do I troll? Depths? And lures? Thanks!!

Just thought I would let you guys know that Atlas Marine is doing a fishing derby. No cost to enter but you do have to bring it in and have it weighed.

Catching your fish out of Ladysmith’s waters? We invite you to bring it in to Atlas Marine during store hours for a weigh in*(Open Monday- Friday 8-5) Contest will run from March 16, 2015 to July 16, 2015. Two prizes will be awarded. Largest Lingcod (Opens May 1st Due to Conservation reason's nothing over 20lbs will be accepted) and Largest Salmon. The guy or gal with the largest fish in each category will win. (Prizes packages will be pictured on our Facebook page and at
www. Atlasmarine.ca) We are conveniently located at 1260 Rocky Creek Rd. 2 min away from the Ladysmith Boat Launch.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, Good on ya Atlas Marinbe and best of luck with your Derby and Business.

No to be a prick or such ..... if I can make a suggestion ...... on the biggest Ling cod .... Could you put a cap on size, say closet to 20 lbs. with out going over, as the big big breeders are the ones we all should be letting go. Only a suggestion, and please don't be offended.

Good luck to you, wish I could attend, but Across the pond doesn't help to get any thing weighed in.

Cool, Good on ya Atlas Marinbe and best of luck with your Derby and Business.

No to be a prick or such ..... if I can make a suggestion ...... on the biggest Ling cod .... Could you put a cap on size, say closet to 20 lbs. with out going over, as the big big breeders are the ones we all should be letting go. Only a suggestion, and please don't be offended.

Ya, in this day an age a "biggest lingcod" category shouldn't be a thing. If a guy wants to keep a big lingcod for dinner that's his thing, but let's not encourage it by putting money behind it.

It's been edited. Thanks for the suggestion.

A Max Size of Closest to 20 lbs. in the Ling Cod category ........ EVEN COOLER of you at ATLAS MARINE ! now thats stand up ..... to bad the Big Lodges on the COAST wouldn't follow your example !

If I lived near you this is yet another reason to bring you Business !

Thanks for the Conservation of Lings !

Add another congrats to Atlas Marine.
Good attitude to conservation by having a closest to the mark prize for ling cod.
And for being open to suggestions.
Nice to see and could be the role model for any other derbies that usually award for the largest fish, even if they are the prime breeding stock.

Just thought I would let you guys know that Atlas Marine is doing a fishing derby. No cost to enter but you do have to bring it in and have it weighed.

Catching your fish out of Ladysmith’s waters? We invite you to bring it in to Atlas Marine during store hours for a weigh in*(Open Monday- Friday 8-5) Contest will run from March 16, 2015 to July 16, 2015. Two prizes will be awarded. Largest Lingcod (Opens May 1st Due to Conservation reason's nothing over 20lbs will be accepted) and Largest Salmon. The guy or gal with the largest fish in each category will win. (Prizes packages will be pictured on our Facebook page and at
www. Atlasmarine.ca) We are conveniently located at 1260 Rocky Creek Rd. 2 min away from the Ladysmith Boat Launch.

View attachment 17648

should be a prize for over 20lbs cause the average lings i catch are over 20lbd

Back