2015 Campbell River Reports

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by salmonkiller01, Jan 5, 2015.

1. eaglemaniac

eaglemaniac Well-Known Member

Anytime, what a beauty.;) eman

2. Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine Well-Known Member

Beauty, nice way to break the new motor in.

3. Oly1

Oly1 Active Member

Awesome looking fish FA, bet he is invited to dinner. Guest of honour at the bar b que? What did he weigh?

4. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Active Member

12-13lb marble. Nice fat belly on him. Gave a half to two different families. I am sure they will be BBQing him tonight.

5. Oly1

Oly1 Active Member

Nice. I have only caught a couple of marble springs. As I remember, they were great eating. Kind of in between red and white. If I remember correctly it was a little moister than straight red. Which do you prefer when eating.

6. hippaisland

hippaisland Active Member

I find the whites a little oilier but just as delicious! Personal preference I think.

7. Island Fish Lifter

Island Fish Lifter Active Member

any recent reports?

8. capt. crunch

capt. crunch Member

Lots of deep bait today. Led to a nice fish. 230ft cable in 190 ft of water. SE point of the hump. 20150307_131900.jpg 20150307_130705.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Dbastock

Dbastock Member

Heading out tomorrow, will provide a report tomorrow night. Good luck to anyone else goin out, tight lines.

10. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Active Member

Just came in. Was cold as balls in the morning. Started at hump, released one undersize Chinook. Tons of bait showing on southeast side of hump. No other bites. Moved over to Willows / Shelter. Released a decent ling. no other action for me. Some boats jigging south of the hump for Hali's I presume.

11. Dbastock

Dbastock Member

One small Hali for us. Lotsa bait south east side of hump Just north of 320ft marking towards green can showed the most bait. Lotsa guys jigging and prawn fishing...

12. Gearbox Paul

Gearbox Paul Member

Any recent reports ? I am thinking of going on Sunday.

13. Island Fish Lifter

was out on sunday, was slow for us. However as you know can turn on a dime. I heard some other forum members blasted over to Cortes and hit three really nice ones. I may see you out there on Sunday if its nice.

14. Island Fish Lifter

I may even drop anchor and try for halis if there are no other boats like last weekend.

15. Gearbox Paul

Gearbox Paul Member

Thanks Dave. Hoping the weather turns by the weekend.

16. Dbastock

Dbastock Member

Anyone been having any luck on the hump the last week or so? Seems to have been slow without much bait...

17. salmonkiller01

salmonkiller01 Well-Known Member

Went out today, crabbing good! Drove to the hump to do some trolling and nothing. Only trolled for an hour as I was mostly out to try out the new power. Saw one boat get a keeper at the hump.

18. Hog Tide

Hog Tide Member

Fished the can and hump from 12-5. Lots of p-cod at the green can. no salmon for me. Did pick up some prawns.
    There were boats out jigging and trolling. Didn't see any action from anyone out there. Heading out again to give another go.

19. pinball90

pinball90 Member

Went out to the hump on Sunday.... Kept these 4 beauties and a few crabs for a nice kicker too!![​IMG]

20. Gilligan

Gilligan New Member

Nice, REAL NICE. Keep these inspirational posts coming.