2015 Campbell River Reports

Was wondering the same..any news from up discovery passage?
Saturday taking a fellow from work who's never been out fishing let alone on a boat(other than a ferry)
Hoping /looking for a fun day of catching pinks.... finding the whales would be nice also...
Any info would be greatly appreciated

Just got back from Chatham point, tons of wood all over making it difficult, pulled in 2 smaller springs 7-8lbs and a pink. Caught a beautiful coho (wild) and a sockeye which were released. On the way back to Browns decided to do one pass at deepwater and landed a 22lb spring. All in all a was a great day, the water was calm and even had a few porpoises playing in my wake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Green can this evening 15lb spring and 2 slightly smaller keeper springs and a hatchery coho. 67 feet of water close to the can seemed to be working the best

Went up to the wall north of Browns Bay this morning. Caught one 10lb spring trolling back almost at the marker outside of Browns Bay right around slack/start of the ebb. Sparkle/Glow hootchie and green flasher @ 125'. One other smaller fish that threw the hook as soon as he sniffed the surface. Morning sure felt like fall had arrived didn't it?

Just returned from Thurston and Chatham point. On the water a hair later than I wanted to ( 7am ) but we managed a 14 lb spring just before the tide change with a silver green chartreuse flasher and a chartreuse splatter back hootchie, in about 110 feet of water. There was about six boats at Thurston, and some moron in a Pursuit tries to give me the " right rod to shore" speech. Idiot. What made me annoyed about the comment is he wasn't anywhere near shore, and he had just completed a turn at Davis Point, effectively putting me inside of him .

Anyways..... Fishing was slow. Rolling chovies and varying my depth and leader length yielded no results at Thurston , so we moved on to Chatham. Definitely saw more fish getting caught there. Released a dandy coho. Lost something massive that straightened one of my hooks. Impressive humpback whale show at the wall at Browns Bay. One whale came straight out of the water and was twirling as it did so. Also saw a solitary orca heading north. Enjoyed a couple of craft IPA's with HeavyC a sfbc member. All in all a good day considering I ditched work last minute.

Thanks guys...will be launching at CRiver in morning..go for a run up discovery..stops at Deepwater and I'm sure Greensea
Will see what happens...cheers

Thanks guys...will be launching at CRiver in morning..go for a run up discovery..stops at Deepwater and I'm sure Greensea
Will see what happens...cheers

Browns Bay produced again this morning at the tail end of the flood. I got one around 17lb and looked to be quite few others hooking up. Fished 730 - 930.

Anchovy at 140 ft.

Lots of boats out...

Launched in Campbell and ran up to Deepwater at the crack of 11am (lol) yesterday
Hooked up @39ft and released 3 sockeye rite away..
Lots of jumpers around and stayed at Deepwater for a bit..saw big school of dolphins went by heading north...
Picked up gear and headed to Greensea..
Lots and I do mean lots of debris in the water there..
Only stayed there a short time (2 passes) but we got our wish.. a pod of orcas came by heading south..
Headed back to Deepwater fished a bit deeper @60ft and picked up 3 nice humpys ..kept 1 for the newby for his bbq..
His highlight was the orcas and his high end camera was clicking away lol
Mine was the whole day :)
Of course getting out @11 we weren't there to fish hard but a great day out on the water none the less

Oh and Driftwood buffet on way home..does it get any better!?;)

Fished the wall just north of browns bay, flasher anchovies both sides. Boated one 12 pound spring and lost 5 other fish. Fished 90-150 down. Can't believe the number of fish we lost, weird, short bites or something. Fished 11-3.

Hello. I'm taking my buddy out fishing on Sunday.
I am wondering if there is any where to fish on the EBB tide around browns bay.

Thx Scott

Just came back from fishing Deep Water Bay. Caught one coho only, had two other hits that I lost. Was not working well for me today. Saw lots of fish caught, I should have had more action. Saw some chum surfacing. .

Back