2014 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

We got up early on Sunday and headed out to the rats nose to see what was happening.

Gorgeous weather all weekend.

Nice sunrise.

I love the skies out on the banks. You get to see some really cool cloud formations.

Firelight sporting his new hoodie.

We didn't get up early enough as this Princess boat beat us out there lol.

Continued....

Jeffy with his first halibut on. He was so stoked. We were stoked for him :).

Congrats buddy.

A short while later it was thank you America!

Firelight with a nice one off Kirby Point. A nice way to end the trip.

Thanks for the great company fella's:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer report man... Was really stoked on my first Hali... Big Thanks to Sculpin for makin it happen WOW great pics Man! here is a few from my phone ! 021.jpg005.jpg017.jpg030.jpg

How'd you like the new bottom fish set up? Judging by the beauty lings and your first hali it's obviously fishy! Congrats!

Ukee

Ya setup is good! Was awesome to get that first Hali , should have done that along time ago! Now im after my first ECVI hali! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbruce that is the Launch at salmon beach..., Derby get in line!.. you have to be a couple year veteran crew member of the Sculpin to get one of them!, Also just for the record that salmon I am holding up was caught by firelight.. but I net it like a champ so I had to have a pic!

Only 5 more to go Jeffy then you can shut it down for the year. Any reports from Portland or South Bank? Must be some action if fish at Rats Nose.

You betcha ! was quite an amazing weekend! now I need to find some new halibut recipes , anyone have some good ones im all ears..

nothing at all... gas for my merc 9.9... going to go crabin today with my hali,salmon,ling scraps.... it's the right thing to do :)

How is the Salmon fishing off of Ucluelet this May? What can we expect for mid to late June. I hear a big run of chinook is coming down the coast.

Had an amazing week with lots of my friends. managed 15 halibut, 4 octopus, 2 salmon and 2 ling cod all in 3 days. All was caught on south band except for ling, caught those at red can buoy. Everyone of my guests brought home a hali. Great long wknd. Where are all the salmon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience seems to be essential and fishing the tides high slack has been best. The water temp is all over the place out there been at inside Lighthouse at 56 degrees then run a few miles and there's a cool pocket at 52 degrees. Warm water definitely slows the bite down, the salmon I have caught recently have't had very much in their bellies good size fish but for some reason they aren't actively feeding. Thinking it may be a big bank year again if the water temp stays warmer than average close to shore which will most likely happen as this is supposed to be a El Niño year. There also has been lots of commercial pressure north of us but they are coming but my guess is the majority will stay way offshore but I hope I'm wrong as that's a long run to do all summer long.

Back