2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Swiftsure. Ahhhhhhh.........the place that always lives up to its name. August can't come soon enough!!!

Crabbing in the bay isnt too great. Had to really work hard for them yesterday. Small crabs and not a great quality.
Word is out deeper is a little better but nothing fantastic

Hi Nedarb...I'm thinking of a day trip out there looking for a few winter springs...it's closer for me to trailer there than Pedder Bay...any luck out there?

i didnt fish for springs, but i heard its been excellent. Water was also glass calm when i was out there!

hi there i was just wondering if there is any charter boats that need a deck hand this summer if so plz email or pm me thanks jonah

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Are the gas docks open daily out there this time of year? I'm thinking of heading out there this weekend to try for halibut and get a change of scenery.

any reports about the sand bar at the mouth of the river out of the gordon river
into the harbour

Boatless in Renfrew...

I will be camping with my family in Renfrew for Easter. Will be there Friday 18th till Monday 21st.
Towing travel trailer so no boat this trip.

If anyone has a spot on board I would love to get out fishing.
I'm good for my share of costs and can bring some gear up if needed.

If anyone can take pitty on a fellow fishing junky LMK.

Thanks!
Tips

Just checking to see if anyone has been out lately? We're coming out on the 13th for a couple of weeks to splash the boat for the season and kill the spiders in the cabin! lol I'm hoping to get a week on the water while were there so I'll post up a few current reports............can't wait!!! :)

I also phoned Pacific Gateway yesterday cause I have a seasonal spot. They said the crane was going to be there anytime and the docks are supposed to be in by the 15th? Hopefully since I'm coming out to get a few days off fishing in. Have you been out much Optimist?

I am coming out tomorrow morning and hear I have to run all the way to Hole in the Wall to get chinnok?? Anything doing off Owen to Camper? I don't need big, just good eating!

To answer my own question...There was a really good bite at Camper 12:30 to 2:00 for us...5 fish on, two really strong fish which got off, three into the boat 6 to 12 lbs. mostly on the small thin strip now sold in some stores and the new needlefish spoon from the CJ special family. Halibut did not want to bite on the flood over slack off Carmanah at the 150 ft. shelf, but did bite on the Bank if you want to beat out there.

Fished with Blair (Swell Time Charters) today - he put us on our limit of Halibut in 2 hrs! We then spent a few hrs at Whole in the Wall and picked one up around 12lbs. Apparently there was a bite on early, but we didn't see any picked up, while we were there. I didn't realize how far W-in-the-W is! Camper would be a much better option! Good job traveller!

Bonus was a soccer ball size green glass Japanese float!!!

That's awesome you found a glass float! Found one myself several years back that was green as well but only about 8"
around. That's a good size one you got there.Don't see them that size too often.Very cool!

Back