2014 Logger's Derby

Degree of Freedom

well....guys are already talking about sockeye, so I guess it's not too early to talk about the Logger's.
Assuming I can find one or two guys with the stones to fish the Sound in March, I am in. Haven't had too much success catching fish the past several derbies...but there's always this year.
Can't wait...
LP you're a ****.

I'll be there as I have for the last 12 years, sucker for cold weather and cold drinks. We'll be at the Beam or next door as last year. See ya there.

Hey folks I'm in, last year was a hoot. Have to chat with the crew.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there. Or I'll be here, hope I get to do a little fishing. My wife & I are the new care takers at the Nook so we will be busy. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

finally joined the forum, and yep, we are headed to the derby this year. three of us in my 22' hewes--e/t,--h/t will also be at the seabeam. I am looking forward to meeting a few of you guys, and of course walking away with first prize---haha. I am one of the shareholders at the Nook, but the fishing on the inside was so good last year that we didn't even make it to the west coast. See you there!!!!

Everybody else might as well stay home this year, I'm unleashing the secret weapon so you guys don't stand a chance ... LOL

Thanks, I know it should be the 1st weekend. Just wondering if anyone can confirm the dates. Even Poettnooks site says it "should be" Most years it conflicts with the Sportsman show at Tradex which is the second weekend this year. I'm hoping to be able to do both.

just a question? is the boundary for the derby the surfline? "inside the sound"

gonna try and do this,, fishn outa the roommates grady and a buddy heater.

Ken , just off the phone with Don , the Organizer , hes just making the posters ,
its confirmed , , %100 March 1st and 2nd , Sat and Sun...
fellas , start bookin !! huge success last year , fishing is excellent right now,,,

Blair , yes surf line , inshore , area 23 only , words from the man himself ...

good Luck ta all...

fd

Back