2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Remote kicker controls on transom.

baystar kit with custom wheel and flex hoses. and merc throttle/gear shifter on transom. haven't water tested yet but works like a champ in the driveway.

-Custom Alum hard top under construction and pics to follow..
-Also adding multifunction display with radar and AIS.( have to decide between a simrad setup or Lowrance)

more pics to come.View attachment 15066

Hey sparrow, where did you get the small steering wheel from?. I'm looking for the same one...

I have been wanting to raise the front seats up in my boat since I got it so I can see a little better over the bow. Was going to build a taller seat box or maybe just a short pedestal on top of the box. Well, I decided to go a different route. After spending 10-12 hours in an air ride truck seat every day, I know that they are the most comfortable thing around. I guess I will have a couple spring suspension seats for sale now.
20141225_110026_resized.jpg
20141224_133918_resized.jpg
20141225_110047_resized.jpg
20141225_110051_resized.jpg

Those look great man!!! :cool:.

What kind of air compressor did you go with? Do you have a picture of the compressor install?

Thanks!! I ordered a VIAIR compressor. I am hoping it will hold up in the environment. I am going to try to keep it out of the elements as much as possible. Compressor and tank haven't arrived yet.

What kind of air compressor did you go with? Do you have a picture of the compressor install?

Ive had these seats for 4 years and they are the best smooth as can be. the solenoid kept getting affected by moisture so make sure you put yours up front.or by pass it a nd just put a switch to activate the compressor.

Ive had these seats for 4 years and they are the best smooth as can be. the solenoid kept getting affected by moisture so make sure you put yours up front.or by pass it a nd just put a switch to activate the compressor.

Mine just has a switch as well. It's mounted on the dash in an easy to reach place. The compressor is mounted behind the front bulk head.

Your going to love those seats big.griff :).

Now how about this new home cleaning table/prawn trap carrier :)

No more traps on the floor to crawl over......... Built to hold 8 Bauer Traps

I just saw John's one as well. These sorters are a good idea. Last trip out I noticed I needed same...John if you ever change yours out I can put the Sculpin logo in the back would look cool burned in.

Just working on a tray that simply locates/snaps into top of the doghouse ( since I have inboard) when using....And then when not in use it mounts in 4 points in back rail attachments that clamp to my hardtop roof.

My square traps are a little different I build are custom for deck space...About 2/3 size of big ones... So on the roof they aren't that high so don't look ridiculous.and I tested last trip, I can fit 4 across the roof, and two containers stacked beside one on top of each other..

I plan to do everything at once rod holder, radar mount and this tray...

The only thing I saw which I would add with those is a small rubber extrusion that you fit on to the edges for thin gauge sheet metal...Looks like a C... As someone could fall into one of those edges could get nasty especially with little kids.... I will draw up a concept soon I have to look at how the radar mount and radar arch are going to look.. I like how you guys put that drain on there also..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to put these traps on the roof, but then I thought about adding new radar..... Radar bought and install at same time home cleaning table/Boat prawning table was built. The entire thing is awesome :) Including the boat and owner :) oh ya that felt good :) :) LOL

I was going to put these traps on the roof, but then I thought about adding new radar..... Radar bought and install at same time home cleaning table/Boat prawning table was built. The entire thing is awesome :) Including the boat and owner :) oh ya that felt good :) :) LOL

I hear you I thought about that...I have have to make the dome mount/with light go forward a little to make it work sort of like what John has, but I can see it ahead of time in computer with it mounted what it looks like first.... I would do same if I had an outboard situation... I really like the idea of using it a cleaning table as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally the compressor showed up. Fits neatly inside the seat box. Have it all hooked up now. Decided against an air tank for now but I installed a small water trap and pressure regulator as well.
20150109_195232_resized.jpg

Should plumb in a air horn to that..... It would surely wake up them nappers.

Id love to have an air horn. Hmmmm might just have to buy one :)

Let there be light........

These were installed a while ago but they look cool at night.(turn the switch the other way and they are red).

My previous under the rail lights crapped out so they have been replaced with Lunasea light bars.

Here they are in white natural.

Wait 3 seconds after shutting them off and flick the switch again....they turn blue!

The under water lights again.

Back