2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

It doesn't ever close........ramps are always open..

ramp pass you get out of automated machine ....can use credit card....

Pretty good night outta French creek. 29lb spring, 7 lb coho and a couple bottom fish.
mumy5y7e.jpg
6yzuvumy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Klob doesn't miss a trick. You could have nothing but water in the background of a picture and he'd figure out where you are just by a little glint in the water :)

Fished the Gap last night from 6-9:30. 4 shakers and then one big screamer that broke the line at the end of the night. Ahh the one that got away. Felt like a HOG but who knows. It was quite windy to start the night but then it calmed down and got nice, if not for the damn mosquitoes everywhere! Bites we got were on cookies n'cream and green and white spoon. Fishing all over from 60 feet to 140. Most bites at 125 ish. Marked lots of fish through the gap.

Out tonight 1 1/2 hours at Sangster ; trolling 115-120' green and white hootchie and army truck. Lots of fish showing on the sounder and lots biting. Got 2x 8lb and 14lb and busted off a screamer. Palm burned twice on 2x 200 yard runs. Fish caught all had 3" hearing stuffed in there mouths. The fish were in the exact same spot as Seafever and I fished them days before with out a sniff ; tonight they were very hungry. We were the only boat out there; half dozen boats out front at French creek; from the sounds of it ,it was dead. One also came back from north Lasq, said it was quite as well.

Went out yesterday to test and break-in new kicker motor. Fished Ballenas, and had similar results to thegreatpumpkin. Quite a few fish showing and some decent action. Fished at 100-150' in 160-180' feet of water, went home with 3 of 4 to the boat (one was small and lived to see another day), several others shook the hook, a couple of which "felt" like good solid fish. There were about 10-12 other boats there also, of which a few others had the nets out a few times. We found the green/white colour scheme to be effective also, although we were using spoons.

That sounds much better than when we were out of FC on Friday. We landed a coho and three pinks with nothing that looked remotely like a chinook bite.
We fished lemon meringue hoochies, ace-hiflys, jughead shaker spackleback hoochies, Pesca spoons, etc. (Obviously bored and trying new gear.....)

Sounds like a few fish have shown up so I look forward to getting back out there. Anyone know where those pinks are likely going?

I went to PnT today to grab some gear. I lost my green &white tko spoon last week and it was hot. Sold out of that. Tried for a 4 inch #118 plug. Sold out (Got the 5 inch). Tried for army truck hootchies. Sold out. Found some cuttlefish army truck hootchies. Seemed like everything I wanted was sold out! Ironically all the hot lures lately...

I went to PnT today to grab some gear. I lost my green &white tko spoon last week and it was hot. Sold out of that. Tried for a 4 inch #118 plug. Sold out (Got the 5 inch). Tried for army truck hootchies. Sold out. Found some cuttlefish army truck hootchies. Seemed like everything I wanted was sold out! Ironically all the hot lures lately...

SJ - what size Green/Glow TKO has been working for you?

I have the 3.0 and 4.0 but haven't had as much success with them as I have with bait....surprise surprise :D

Care to help a guy narrow things down?

Regards,

SJ - what size Green/Glow TKO has been working for you?

I have the 3.0 and 4.0 but haven't had as much success with them as I have with bait....surprise surprise :D

Care to help a guy narrow things down?

Regards,

Hey bud, yeah the 4 inch was my lucky one. Good luck!

Fished Sangster last night. Left F/C about 4.30pm rainy but calm, 2coho in the first 10min, Wind picked up so we tried Young point to hide from the wind. No luck there and so after a couple of fruitless hours we had a bumpy ride home. Sometimes things that seem like a good idea aint.

Back