2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Was out last night rolling around in front of French Creek helping a friend get his boat back fishing after 3 years of it not fishing. Nothing much worked, typical but we did manage 1 -8 lber fishing only 1 rod. However ...good news is that I watched a couple of sockeye jump. Good sign for the Fraser? Hope so.

Fished F/C last nite from 4pm till 7pm 3 spring 2 coho all on splatterback hoochies 160ft to 180ft on the rigger. Flat calm but wet.

Was fantastic off FC last night. Hit over 10 fish in four hours. Biggest was 32lbs. A buddy also kept four between 15 and 28lbs. Tons of coho as well.
image (3).jpgimage (4).jpgimage (1).jpg

wow nice fish and great pics thx a lot!! what was working for you guys depth /lure ect ?

started out with splatterbacks but they were mediocre, so changed things up and went with tiger prawn and army truck. both were killer between 90' and 140'. I troll fast and try to get lines to whatever depth the bait is showing at. this has worked well of fc all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone been out lately...heard rumors of a 41 pounder hitting the dock today caught out by entrance and was curious if anything bigger has hit the dock a littler further up

anyone been out lately...heard rumors of a 41 pounder hitting the dock today caught out by entrance and was curious if anything bigger has hit the dock a littler further up

Fished Gerald tonight and last night. Nothing tonight other than two smalls, fished 5:30-9. 10-15 boats around all night. Didn't see a net hit the water. It was slow. Got a 19 last night though. 145 feet on a green and white spoon.

Fished French Creek yesterday from about 1pm to 8pm.

Tons of weed in the water.

Slow going.....tried a lot of rigs ,lures etc......wasn't marking anywhere near as much fish on finder as last time out.

Fished from 550 ft deep on in to 140ft deep.

Got one 4lb wild Coho on a 3 inch green/white spoon 80 ft down.

had about a 15 to 20 Chin on.....but it spit hook 60ft from boat........green/glow custom needlefish hoochy...........green/silver/glow flasher....

Also a doggy and a large P-Cod.

Plus a few undersize Chinook.........(purple haze hoochy)

One good hit that didn't stick on a 4inch metallic green/chrome plug.

Did I mention tons of weed?

Yard work was the thing to do today. You were able to miss the typical summer weekend ramp scene, and the fishing was no better.
Keep the shovel and rake handy.
Lure-washer

Dropped lines 10-11:00 on the way back from Tribune. 1 14# spring and 3 Hoes. 180' with a Tiger Prawn. Funny what can happen when your not even trying.

Nice going, Klob....

Which version of the Tiger Prawn was that ? I assume you used the hoochy not the spoon....

One is milky with small horizontal black lines on it from head to toe......

The other is the black and orange blotchy looking one.....

thanks...

Fished Winchelsea/Gerald this morning from 6-11. One small wild coho. Very slow for us. Tried all sorts of gear. Didn't see much fish caught.

Nice going, Klob....

Which version of the Tiger Prawn was that ? I assume you used the hoochy not the spoon....

One is milky with small horizontal black lines on it from head to toe......

The other is the black and orange blotchy looking one.....

thanks...

http://www.tyeetackle.com/images/hoochie/bulk/ss39.JPG

I've had it in the original package in my box for years. Leader was probably over 40". Right off bottom on top of the little hump. Could have been a case of right place at right time. Bonked a 21#er same spot but Army Truck a few weeks back.

Pretty slow off Winchelsea yesterday.......fished through the low slack right on up to 7pm.....

Wind was a pain.....

One of the slowest days I've had ever......for any species of fish..........

Marked various concentrations of finned life forms......all of which thumbed their noses at anything I put down there.....and I tried all kinds of stuff...

Caught a few dinkers and undersize Ling.....

Many of the bigger fish were down really deep or hiding in the deep rocky ravines......

No bait marked.....

4 1/2" Pearl Apex with Green stripe was the only thing they took any notice of.........

Back