2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2014 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by VanCity Tyee, Apr 13, 2014.

1. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

I have been prawning in the same spot for fifteen years and lost a few traps but this is crazy. If I ever caught a guy lifting my traps I probably wouldn't be as nice I also know sometimes they turn up, Im gonna go out again tomorrow for another look. You get way more prawns if you leave them over night, a short soak doesn't always work that well. If it is a thief I hope he gets caught then things will get back to normal but I have lost three sets of my own traps and a set of a friends traps I borrowed in three months and I have just had enough. Besides trolling is a lot less work and way more fun. Thanks for the advice and I know you're not trying to be a jerk.........BRS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. capt. crunch

capt. crunch Member

Sorry to hear about your bad news. But.... I have to agree with Cuba I always troll around close to my traps. The season is short and there is lots of time to chase Salmon. And have had no problems getting good numbers on one hour soaks.

3. MRWood

MRWood Well-Known Member

Had a great day on the water with Big Red Snapper on his boat today out at Ballenas. Weather was relatively calm, saw lots of bait and managed two nice springs. We each got one but BRS won the derby. Estimated weights 11 & 14 :) My fish on blue silver coyote at 180 and Greg's on the Irish Creme at 160'.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      92.7 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      72.8 KB
      Views:
  4. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Nice fish Guys!! Well done!

5. Copper Moon

Copper Moon Member

The Beachcomer Boys strike again

6. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

Good to see

7. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

I was right, trolling is more fun than prawning. Thanks for coming out MRWood, it was a good day. I thought a seal grabbed my fish when he took off, came out of the water and went crazy before I got him turned around and then the hook came out in the net.lots of bait around right now let's hope the fish stick around...............BRS

8. Jwolfe

Jwolfe Member

Any one seeing any coho around