2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same thing cause I would see the prawns with eggs kind of sink and little swimming action, we have since spoken to the fisheries lady who conducts the tests and keeps track of data. Anyway she explained that the prawn does indeed survive after being put back in the water. We practice this at our secret spots and year after year now pull up big numbers, nothing against those that choose to take the eggbearers in most areas as between the commercial and the Irish they are raped and pilaged anyway. A lot of fisherman are surprised by the good number of prawns in the past 15 years and thats because there are no bottom fish to prey on them.

Second that no bottom fish.

I don't recall seeing a small mesh bag? I'll check that out. Any idea who has the best deal on pellets?

I wish it was solowey, don't think I have ever hooked into a good size spring in the winter lol. 70 in one trap is my record for prawns, and the two times I have tried this winter have had pretty sad results.

Has anyone tried Gabriola yet? I wonder how the prawns are over there right now?

I'm starting to get pumped. ;)

Anyone out there today????? A report would be good to stoke the fires
Looks like a beauty day out there , sadly I decided to fire up the JD and do a little yard maintenance ,it's a strategy really , make the yard look presentable then it's easier to pull the boat out without getting the look

Yep, some good news. Couple of nice fish boated today...12 and 13 pounds. Irish cream spoons and Glow cop Cars are working well. Yesterday produced several undersized and a couple of decent fish too.

Vancouver in the freighters. 55 to 115 feet.

The upper sunshine coast, Powell River area has been producing great numbers all winter and into spring. North Texada and Harwood have been fantastic from early December to now. Spoons have been doing better for me, from 185 to 210 down anywhere from 225 to 300 feet of water. Lots of bait around to which is good to see this time of year.

Roger that. A couple taken out there today as well. Awaiting a report from a buddy who went to Thrasher today.

Yeah I was thinking about hitting thrasher area possibly tomorrow...Was the thumbs up to say that there is some action there or you are waiting the thrasher report as well?

Set up for the tail end of the low slack and fished through the flood off the south end of Bowen. Started off rodger Curtis hump and ended at cowan pt. Didn't mess with the gear to much ran spoons from 125 to 90 ft four rods none of which moved. No action for me today but it was a glorious day out there, very pleasant. Picked up 115 prawns in four traps, 90 or so came in the two square traps we recently purchased. Crabbing was good.

Fished through the low slack at the Bell Buoy to QA and around the North Arm on Monday. Lots of bait around the North Arm, but we didn't find anything. We covered 65' to 125' primarily with spoons. Couldn't have had a nicer day.

Jamie

Hey Sunshine Coasters!

I am coming across from the Island to visit my folks in Pender Harbour this weekend and hope to get out on the water for some fishing. I have done a decent amount of fishing around the area over the years, but am certainly not as familiar as SVI. I've fished up and down Texeda, Quarry Bay of Nelson, around Francis Peninsula, etc.

I figure I would mostly go for salmon, but also will have a herring jig handy if any bait shows up and also wouldn't mind drifting(my dad doesn't have a hali anchor setup) for hali if someone points me in a right direction.

Any tips would be great. I am assuming that the salmon are deep there this time of year?! PM me if you don't mind sharing, but don't want to share with the world!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back