2013 Tuna adventures

Limit is more liberal than attainable!!! LOL!!

Had to stop last year twice because we had no more room for fish on board!!!

Hey Jeff............6 fish is nothing to brag about.....ha ha ha ...........just kidding brutha. I'm sure you'll beat your previous personal best of 9......someday.:cool:

Planning the first trip of the season for the Reef Raider on July 20th (weather dependent). Who's up for a canyon run that weekend?

I am celebrating the first nice chloro and temp shots for a long time. Temps good, chloros great! There really are no edges tho. Any reports from the south?

I am celebrating the first nice chloro and temp shots for a long time. Temps good, chloros great! There really are no edges tho. Any reports from the south?

Yeah it's been a while lol. They look pretty good right now all the way down to Oregon. I read that there were some small catches by the commercials out of Oregon. The folks on the Washington board on BD said the first big NW push is good. The highway is there just not paved yet.

Buoyweather doesn't look so good for most of the week. I'm thinking next week. I'm watching it like a hawk!

Last edited by a moderator:
Noaa site shows a large upwelling of cold water off the coast of N Calif - things should be coming to life soon :))))

Getting close now boys! I just came across a few photos from AUG 10th 2011 and thought I would share them, just to get things rolling. These are all tuna from 16 miles off hippa island on the west side of the gwaii! I wish the came that close to vancouver island!

enjoy!

tuna 1.jpg
tuna 2.jpg
tuna 3.jpg
tuna 4.jpg
tuna 5.jpg

a few photos from the last 3 years.... cant wait its been a long winter and spring, lets get a juluna

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 543
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 536
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 530
a few photos from the last 3 years.... cant wait its been a long winter and spring, lets get a juluna

Nice!!

The fish are out there NOW!

Winds a ***** but reliable source has them there. If it lays down by Tues or Wed I'm goin'.

Hope to be the first to show one... lol... anyone else capable, watch the wind and if you wanna follow... \

TOOONAAA!!!

So excited...

50 miles out of where? And how many is "some"? E.g. is it worth burning $200-300 of fuel for this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

Here is report from the Western Fishboats Owners Association.

July 9, 2013 There has been virtual no catches made along the NW coast. Winds remain strong off Oregon and boats fishing off WA reported 0-20 fish. There was some good catches made far offshore but have since dwindled.

July 3, 2013 A vessel scouting in the 130W region off Oregon has found very small quantities of alabcore in the past few days. 5-30 fish. Weather inside of 130W has been very windy and rough. There was a a sign of fish farther offshore but looks to be very spotty so far.

June 30, 2013 One vessel reported fishing for 3 days from 46N to 44N between 125W and 126.10W and catching only 4 fish for 3 days. Another boat had 19 fish in the 46N area. Some boats headed offshore to look.

June 22, 2013 A few boats have made trips searching for albacore along the west coast from CA to OR coastal areas and offshore. Reports of 5 fish/day at best is the only numbers at this time. Looks early yet!

June 17, 2013 There have been no confirmed catches yet, however a few vessels have left for fishing and some are offshore from 130W - 140W but have not found much yet. Water along the coast is fairly cool yet.

June 10, 2013 The 2013 US west coast alabcore season should get underway within a few weeks. There have been no confirmed catches yet. Water temps especially west of 130W look favorable at this time. Standby, we appreciate your interest.

January 23, 2013 A few US albacore vessels are fishing in the South Pacific this year. Reports for the North Pacific will begin around the end of June 2013. Standby, we appreciate your interest.

50 miles out of where? And how many is "some"? E.g. is it worth burning $200-300 of fuel for this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

I believe 50 mile out of bamifield... I believe....it was a commercial fisherman doing it...

Jodi knows guys out there catching them Don... so... Ya Oregon and Washington have sucked... there are fish being caught off Barkely Canyon right now. I'm not gonna suffer through the 25 knot winds to get them, but they are there!! Hope it lays down by next week as I have a couple mid week days off!!!

Here is report from the Western Fishboats Owners Association.

July 9, 2013 There has been virtual no catches made along the NW coast. Winds remain strong off Oregon and boats fishing off WA reported 0-20 fish. There was some good catches made far offshore but have since dwindled.

July 3, 2013 A vessel scouting in the 130W region off Oregon has found very small quantities of alabcore in the past few days. 5-30 fish. Weather inside of 130W has been very windy and rough. There was a a sign of fish farther offshore but looks to be very spotty so far.

June 30, 2013 One vessel reported fishing for 3 days from 46N to 44N between 125W and 126.10W and catching only 4 fish for 3 days. Another boat had 19 fish in the 46N area. Some boats headed offshore to look.

June 22, 2013 A few boats have made trips searching for albacore along the west coast from CA to OR coastal areas and offshore. Reports of 5 fish/day at best is the only numbers at this time. Looks early yet!

June 17, 2013 There have been no confirmed catches yet, however a few vessels have left for fishing and some are offshore from 130W - 140W but have not found much yet. Water along the coast is fairly cool yet.

June 10, 2013 The 2013 US west coast alabcore season should get underway within a few weeks. There have been no confirmed catches yet. Water temps especially west of 130W look favorable at this time. Standby, we appreciate your interest.

January 23, 2013 A few US albacore vessels are fishing in the South Pacific this year. Reports for the North Pacific will begin around the end of June 2013. Standby, we appreciate your interest.

It's official. A 29' Defiance sport (charter) boat landed in Westport today with 45 tuna.....I suck at putting up links, but it is on the fishing reports page of www.bdoutdoors/Washington

........soon to be available in your local offshore grocery store.........There you go Jeff.

It makes me crazy watching the weather forecast when the are so many days with no more than 20kn but no less than 10kn. 10kn is just to much. How about 6kn mr weather man.
Mall good thing are worth waiting for but at this rate I am wondering if it will ever calm down. Maybe last years was an exceptional year.

It will happen. August will have many, many good days in it. It always does. We'll get our shot(s) sooner or later.

Back