2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

That's pretty funny because Sewells always posted in their report fish were hitting at hole in the wall. I always wondered where it was, LOL. Whenever we were in Howe Sound and stopped for fuel at Sewell's I would ask one of the young guys at the fuel dock if they have seen any fish come in lately 0 Response Naw, not for a couple of weeks. The very next day sewells fishing report hits the paper (when people read papers) and says hole in the wall is hot - producing again!!!

Lol, we were on Quadra Island in the day when there were plenty of coho but that week no one had caught a single one. Our friends finally caught one about 5 lbs on a green hootchie and went in for fuel at the dock and clean their fish. Of course we went the next day to Campbell River to get a couple of green hootchies and the sporting goods store was out and told us a guy caught 4 all over 15lbs at Quadra on a green hootchie. :rolleyes:

What's the latest and greatest for Vancouver guys? I'm thinking it's time to get my boat wet.

heading out to bowen area in a couple hours...any promising reports in an around the big city?

...got a boat standing guard at jericho with the crab pots this time so we can go a little further with some peace of mind to find the fish...lol

Was out on the water for a few hours yesterday (just beautiful!!) testing out the new ACE Puller on the boat....almost laughable after you pulled up a few lines handbombing...actually it was laughable...laughed all the way till the trap made it up....smarter, no harder!!

Anyways, we didn't get the rods in the water unfortunatly, the crabbing off jericho has died down completely, they were soft with no keepers after a set on the stainless pots...(2 pots) boogied into burrard inlet by the marine park, the numbers of crab were better, with some harder shells in the bunch....not very productive though as far as keepers go.

Good day on the water nonetheless!

-FB-

I did the same on friday around low tide in close to shore. Sunday I did the reverse out a bit farther, no luck. Pretty sure the full moon is making the feed at night. Tons of crap in the water outside Tunstel.

Did the same on Saturday with the same result

I did the same on friday around low tide in close to shore. Sunday I did the reverse out a bit farther, no luck. Pretty sure the full moon is making the feed at night. Tons of crap in the water outside Tunstel.

Was it grass from landscapers? Last year it seemed they were dumping their crap in the water.

Lol, no. Chunks of wood, eel grass and the odd piece of yellow caution tape......

Out today at 10am and back at 4PM , nothing ........not even a bite.
Fished from QA to Cowan to the Hump and back to QA nothing, very litle seen on the sounder (baitballs).
Fished from 65-194' using bait and spoons and hoochies !
Nice day on the wather with light rain.

heading out Friday and Sat

I am psyched for the first Salmon trip of the year.:)

I will also be chasing Chinooks around Bowen. Call me on 88A for status updates either way (Eastpoint). Will be staying over nite so plan to catch Canucks game at 7pm somewhere out that way. Any others with a similar plan contact me.
Any recommendations where I can tie up for nite and hit a pub for the game?

Recent reports would be appreciated?

Cheers,
Eastpoint

Hey Cohochinook
Hope you and Reelbuck (welcome dude!) had a good day out there. Let us know how it went. I may head out tomorrow.

i wil be there 7am saturday north arm fishing the red can name of boat fish-n-on channel 88a

Back