2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Anybody ever fish Halibut Bank? Must have had some Halibut at some point. Contours looks good. Not far into Georgia Strait.

Anybody ever fish Halibut Bank? Must have had some Halibut at some point. Contours looks good. Not far into Georgia Strait.

also Mc Call bank is closed as well and for the foreseeable future
where wiped clean many years ago by commies
have been a few caught in the st and howe sound but nothing on a regular bias

And RCA on the back side of keats to pophams as well also on gambier bays in from twin isle /Grace
check RCA closed areas

as for fishing in the straight its been crap for a good number of years and does not seam to be improving all but a steady decline in fish caught and boats now fishing.

until we get bait numbers up and a re-established eel grass/ kelp beds reefs etc. to help fry survive rather than just a sterile open mass of water then its not getting any better

logging booms have made huge impact and not brought in question paper mills aswell ???
go back 30 yrs ago and look at the numbers of fish in the straight there was no need to go the west coast or up to the north of the island ????

I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'll be out tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully I'll get in to something. Don't know about next week yet. I know it won't be Friday, but hopefully the wife will give me a day pass at some point on the weekend.

I should be out there Sunday with Kanuckle Head ...... Brown and white Trophy ......O'fish-al Business channel 68 on the VHF give a hollar

Will do. I'll keep an eye out. Dropping the wife off at Granville Island around 10. Then I'll be out there til 2 or so, or when she calls to be picked up.

Try fishing just west of Hali Bank when the Navy is out there. May be able to just scoop the fish with your net.

The Hump should be starting to light up according to my journal, I won't be out for a bit yet, trip to Dubai for work and then moving as well as some boat repairs so probably May for me.

Hit the hump!

Cheers,

Getbent

Over the years we seem to get into consistent fish around mid April. Not sure if the late Winter and run off will effect it though. Hope there are a few that venture out over the next couple of weeks to see if they are there ! This is one of the best local fisheries we have. Good luck out there.

there will be a bunch of us out west van side sunday, anyone else from here going out?

i will be there boat name fish-n-on channell 88a .going to start in tunstall bay then the cap

why what Happened Dog? I heard an announcement about a barge coming in around then i think,
at 830 I was rounding pt Atk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back