2011 Consultants Invitational Fishing Derby

chris73

Dear regular supporters and participants, please book August 20, 2011 for our event. We are gearing up again for a new derby season and I wanted to throw the date out as soon as possible so you can mark it in your calendar. I am sure we will have a ball again!

Cheers,

Chris & the Derby Committee

Soon to change??? again???
Sorry couldnt resist.....:D:D

Soon to change??? again???
Sorry couldnt resist.....:D:D

Noted... Same crew plz....;) maybe this yr we won't feed the whales and the weather will be hotter for the bathing suits.... fingers crossed!

you are a beauty justin! Rockfish i won the derby a couple yrs back for some dudes that didn't really appreciate the trip...... This is my real reward!!! Let's just hope that we are able to fish for big springs come August! :(

So, it is official. The Consultant's Derby will take place at the new Prestige Hotel & Conference Centre in Sooke. Date remains as we announced before: August 20. We are excited to try out this new location which was provided to us for free by the District of Sooke honouring our efforts for the Sooke River salmon. Thank you Sooke for this awesome opportunity! I think it's going to be a great show again this year. I hope our proven and faithful skippers will help out again as well as the local guides will provide our top sponsors with a great time on the water as usually. If you are interested in getting involved or helping out please contact myself or Deewar25 or smiley66. Cheers!

Well, me of course. Who else from here? Let me think, I know of: dewaar25, Rockfish, addicted, victoriaboater, kayladog, Doug and some other local guides, striperjack, I believe gypsea is in again, maybe ocean explorer? usually juandesooka? anyway, there are probably a bunch more I cannot think of right now. Skipper for the winner last year was blackpearl but I think he's in the QCI guiding this year.

Who were you taking out, Gypseas? Maybe we can put you guys on another boat??? Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Hey Chris,

Have you seen any of my last few e-mails? Been having some trouble I think having them take through the private messaging on this site?

Successfully accomplished. Tough fishing today. Even top rods struggled to find some springs. a 21# spring took the trophy - go figure. A bunch of fish just around 20# and a couple dozens or so in the teens. Lot of boats had only pinks and a few socks.

But beautiful day on the water, not even foggy and no whales to blame for the lack of springs. The new Prestige turned out to be a great venue with great staff.

Thanks to the sponsors, especially the 2011 Feature Sponsor Winter Harbour Lodge, the event was able the donate $10k to the Sooke Hatchery and $5k to the Goldstream Hatchery. They will breed many fine salmon with that!

Awesome fish cleaning service by the volunteers from the Sooke Hatchery and the Goldstream Hatchery! And also awesome to see that one of them volunteers won the top raffle prize donated by the Winter Harbour Lodge; 3 days at the lodge, fully guided trips, for 2 ppl at a time of their choice next season.

Thanks to all of you who helped out!!!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job as always Chris....always good to see the money going to the cause.

I would just like to say it was honor to be part of the organizing committee for this. The big reason I got involved is a like to support a cause where the money goes into our resource, so we can share it with the future generations.

Good times. Met a few guys on the forum: Dave from D and D, and one of the guides from Gotcha charters ( sorry forgot the name). Know he was at our table? Anyhow thanks to everyone for making this happen.

Smiley66

there was alot of Dave's as I heard plenty Dave's called out for prizes, but not me....D and D is not a Dave though :0), that be a Doug.

Good time for sure, biggest donation yet, most people ever, nice having Stacy from Chek doing the mc...didn't have to listen to that german guy so much :) Impressed that there weren't too many glitches for a new venue - weigh-in delay and quick resolved sound issues the only major things to deal with and work on. Good work all you helpers out there

You should come and join us next year, holmes! Would be a pleasure to meet you in person and to show-case our event to you! Cheers!

Back