2007 Susuki DF 140 prop seal...

I've got a 07 DF140 with milky leg oil. anyone ever replaced a prop shaft seal and can provide any advise?

Any chance it could be something other than the prop shaft seal?

Any good local places to pick up a service manual?

Thanks in advance

yup your gasket for the leg oil put new oil in and run it and see after 4 or 5 hrs if you have milky oil still, I swear by Amsoil

I've got a 07 DF140 with milky leg oil. anyone ever replaced a prop shaft seal and can provide any advise?

Any chance it could be something other than the prop shaft seal?

Any good local places to pick up a service manual?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Hourston. This is actually one of your old motors. I'll try new plug seals and check it again after. The leg oil looked like my timmy's DD coffee when I drained it in the fall.

Thanks.

i find if the oil leg gaskets are not torqued enough they will leak, No problems so far, and how did the boat go

Thanks Hourston. This is actually one of your old motors. I'll try new plug seals and check it again after. The leg oil looked like my timmy's DD coffee when I drained it in the fall.

Thanks.

I've got a shop manual if you need any info looked up, or if your around the central island I will lend it to you. Cheers

I've got a shop manual if you need any info looked up, or if your around the central island I will lend it to you. Cheers

I'll be sure to msg you when I come down to mid island next and if I redo my leg seals I may contact you to see what the manual says on this.
Thanks.

i find if the oil leg gaskets are not torqued enough they will leak, No problems so far, and how did the boat go

No problem so far with the motor I kept. Not sure about the one I sold. Makes the boat go well, cut my fuel in half from the old 2 stroker. The reduced noise and smoke are also a benifit. I probably put on 120 hours or so last year.
I will get new plug washers again and try for some early halibut once the announcement is made, then check the leg oil again.

Back