2005 Bayliner 192 in Howe Sound

ScorpiotST

This is not a deep v hull, I think it's an 18 degree deadrise. Wondering how this type of boat would be in Howe Sound, mainly between Lion's Bay and Gibsons area. How often is the water in that area too rough for this type of hull?

This is not a deep v hull, I think it's an 18 degree deadrise. Wondering how this type of boat would be in Howe Sound, mainly between Lion's Bay and Gibsons area. How often is the water in that area too rough for this type of hull?

I had a 1952 cuddy (same boat basically) for 6 years. 3 ltr mercruiser with a 9.9 kicker. 2002 year I think maybe 03 it was. I used it all over the Georgia strt,bamfield,ucki,and nootka.Had it out to 5mile, 7mile banks as well as Badjo. I never felt unsafe in it. had some rough days and it did fine. It's NO GRADY or anything for sure but it served me well. good all round family fishing fair weather boat for us. cuddy and porta potty was good for over nighting . Just hated the carpet floors for fishing is all. is yours the cuddy or bow rider? that would make a big diff to me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your 1952 did you well. It's a cuddy, don't think I'd feel very comfortable in a bow rider. It has carpet also, pretty annoying for sure. I'm thinking that area is pretty sheltered compared to Bamfield and Straight of Georgia etc, but not having much experience with it figured I'd ask around.

Back