2004 Subaru Legacy station wagon

Cuba Libre

My wife is looking to buy a newer set of wheels. she has her eye on a 2004 Subaru Legacy GT station wagon with all the bells and whistles. Around 66000kms.

"original" price from the dealer was $18,250.. but the sales manager says put the car on "sale" because it hasnt moved. New price $16,250. He has also said he has no further room to move.

I think it is around $1200 too high, but I dont have the trade book to give me the range of prices for this type of vehicle. Does anyone have access to the Blue Book?
Thanks
CL

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Black Book Value for "clean" is $13,368. However, "Extra Clean" may be about $1,000 more.

That would be for a GT Premium model with leather.

Hey CL, if you call your bank tomorrow I am sure one of the staff involved in Personal Lending will be happy to give you the information that you are looking for. I know the bank I retired from did that for our customers all the time and they all have either a Blue or Black book. You might also be able to find something on the internet........ good luck, nice very reliable set of wheels! SS

ps: If you don't have any luck, email me the particulars and I will make a call to Edmonton for you.......:D:D

seaswirlstiper.jpg

good site for vehicle specs is edmunds.com

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/subaru/legacy/100318262/prices.html

They provide pricing figures, but US I think.

A friend of mine's a car shopping nut, I'll find out what sites he uses.

This one is excellent for shopping and a close to must buy for due diligence: http://www.carfax.com/
If you put in the VIN, you get a really detailed report on its history. 1 report is $25, unlimited reports $39 for a month. So, once you've paid, the first you ask for any car you're interested in is the VIN, and you get lots of good info. I found out one car for sale in Victoria had been a rental AND had an accident, with the dealer outright lying for both!

I know the older models had seats that were murder on a person's back and went through tires like no tomorrow.

kidphotors6.jpg

Got the info-- Again thanks. But after looking at the pricing of other similar vehicles I figure the dealer was about $1500-$2000 to high. They wouldnt come down so I walked.

She bought the proverbial GrannyVan-- a 2004 Mazda MPV, 51,000 kms, well equipted and like new appearance. Warantee for another year too. The V6 gives it a pretty good Zoom Zoom too!

It will tow up to 4000lbs so in a pinch it can take the Cuba Libre for a ride if my truck gets sick.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back